Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 03:23 PM

126 posts, read 221,321 times

Advertisements

I don't think I'd notice the color of my new neighbors. I only ever talk to most of my neighbors when a big storm happens or when my daughter is selling GS cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 03:26 PM

424 posts, read 427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
I don't care if witches lived next to me as long as they keep their place neat , don't drive motorcycles or burn wood and are quiet.
Motorcycles? WTH?

I drive a motorcycle. So what? And I'm a middle-aged white guy who works at a College. Single and quiet.

So you'd have a problem if I moved next door to you?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:35 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,401,804 times
Yep. Diesel trucks too. I'm a retired curmudgeon who only wants to hear my foursome called up to tee and the early bird specials of the day. Oh wait...that's all I hear down here.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:42 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,878,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
Motorcycles? WTH?

I drive a motorcycle. So what? And I'm a middle-aged white guy who works at a College. Single and quiet.

So you'd have a problem if I moved next door to you?
Yes. Much rather a black family than a motorcycle or hot rod owner. You can add to the list just about anyone the works on their own motor vehicles in their yard or street.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Status: " Youā€™re not getting another penny out of me" (set 8 days ago)

19,723 posts, read 20,515,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Yes. Much rather a black family than a motorcycle or hot rod owner. You can add to the list just about anyone the works on their own motor vehicles in their yard or street.
That's racist!

Old 09-20-2015, 12:52 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,723,794 times
I love white supremacy. Its very interesting. The fact that you deem yourself superior due to who your parents are.
There are hoods I don't wish to live in due to the type of people that are there not what race they belong to. When I was searching for homes I steered clear of the houses with gang bangers hanging out in front yard as well as houses with rebel Confederate flags on cars AS well as trashy folks who smoke indoors. I like to be around intelligent people who can see life beyond their next drug deal or cigarette . I wish I could live to 500 years old just so I can see what the historians will say about the fallen European western empires of old. Will they wonder in awe like they do about Egypt or will they tell Myths like they do the Greeks? Who knows? I'm sure the Pharoahs thought their people were superior as well. Enjoy it while it lasts folks....... Nonwhites are coming to a hood near you. Lol

Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,723,794 times
Motorcycles are loud and smokey. Just how I like em. All my neighbors have bikes and hotrods and I love it. Live life. Enjoy it. You earned it. I also don't care about your grass. Its grass. Do some research on why we obsess over grass. You won't look at it the same way.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:11 AM

401 posts, read 941,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
History has proven that as soon as black people move in a white neighborhood you start to see "white flight". If whites don't move they give the blacks hell. I have seen blacks walk in my neighborhood and my white neighbors watch them like hawks.
Well that is
over the top What neighborhood do you live in. What is the street? There should be some changes made.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,147,953 times
Are you clean, quiet, keep your yard nice, park on your own drive, and keep your damn yappy dog INSIDE?

Yes?

Don't care what color, age, fashion sense, sexuality, height, weight, etc, then.

Welcome, neighbor.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,418,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are you clean, quiet, keep your yard nice, park on your own drive, and keep your damn yappy dog INSIDE?

Yes?

Don't care what color, age, fashion sense, sexuality, height, weight, etc, then.

Welcome, neighbor.

I had a few folks of color move in to my town recently. One thing that is negative and not talking racist is they have that Queens mentality where you stay in front of your house all day and never use backyard. Back when I lived in Queens on a block full of two or three families the landlord owned the backyard. I lived in a house with a backyard I was never allowed to go into. Hence kids hung in front and played in the street.

An Indian family from Queens with several kids a few blocks from me bought a corner house on a nice plot 70x100 with a backyard. It was owned by a older Jewish Couple no kids who did the snow bird thing and had lawn maint and snow service. Great neighbors if you lived on block.

In comes the family. First week coming home from train, they are out on street, both sides of house, bikes on front lawn making noise, Dad doing that Queens thing ripping out bushes for more blacktop and an illegal worker with a power saw doing some unpermitted project.

Week one they created a hostile environment. They could have been Italian, Irish whatever. It is the first generation lower income, lower education, Queens/Brooklyn first time owning a house. Add in that multi generation thing living under one roof it is a quasi two family now with more cars on block.

Now the person who lives next door. What now. Who wants to retire next door to this nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island