Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:34 PM

402 posts, read 518,694 times

Advertisements

We go to the JCC and Kidville in Roslyn for toddler programs. They also have a pretty good gym as well. There is a Soul Cycle in Roslyn off of the expressway and SLT on Northern Blvd. For hiking, we typically do the trail in Cold Spring Harbor- only 20 minutes away. Going back to toddler programs, there are toddler programs through the Port Washington Parent Resource Center. They also have a great spray park as well. Lastly, Just wee two is another great program in Manhasset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 PM

5 posts, read 4,500 times
Great neck. I say this as a person who walks a large amount. I walk in Great Neck every day, and have walked as far out east as Greenvale and the border of oyster bay on northern. Great neck is pretty diverse though.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:33 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Great Neck is much more walkable. Especially the Plaza area by the train station.
Roslyn is only walkable in the small downtown area, many streets lack sidewalks as well.
There's much more stuff in Great Neck not to mention much better train service vs Roslyn.
As far as parks go, Great Neck Park District has a pretty large one up by Kings Point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I live in the Roslyn area, there isn't much to walk to except a little historic downtown. Most of Roslyn doesn't even have sidewalks.
I'd driven through Roslyn a few times in the more distant past (along Northern Blvd. and vicinity?) and saw stores and other amenities . . . and I knew that, in the past, Roslyn had a well-known entertainment venue called "My Father's Place" (opened 1971, closed 1987) that people used to travel to from afar for musical entertainment by big name acts. So I figured that Roslyn was, by-and-large, a walkable town/village/jurisdiction. I didn't know that the "downtown" is deemed as "small" and that many Roslyn streets don't even have sidewalks. Gee, it sounds like Dix Hills! Who knew? I guess I hadn't explored too much of the entire territory of Roslyn and environs but just passed through on a certain road.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 AM

26 posts, read 49,458 times
Not sure how I missed all these replies but thank you! It sounds like Great Neck is more walkable but you can't go wrong with either town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island