Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:44 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3846 View Post
dogs have wolf DNA. don't bring a wolf into your home.

mastiffs were used as soldiers and bear hunters. don't bring a bear killer into your home.

pugs were favored by chinese emperors. don't bring commie spies into your home.
Chow chows should be the most dangerous dog breed since they have the most wolf DNA of any modern dog breed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 03:13 PM

93 posts, read 139,684 times
Default Pitbulls Can Be Great Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan View Post
In light of the recent event yesterday I am very concerned about my neighbors pitbull mix. Unfortunately they purchased this dog earlier this year as a puppy and clearly should not have. They do not care for it, the dog is not trained, just left on a chain to roam around in their backyard which is next to mine.

I have two young kids of my own and the thought of their dog escaping and doing harm is terrifying.

The sad thing is they got this dog from an animal shelter, better screening should be done before a pitbull mix should be released to would be owners.......
I totally disagree with your view towards pitbulls; True, they can be lethal if wrongfully trained, but at the same time can be one of the most beautiful, sweet dogs in the world. Pitbulls carry a terrible name because of the way they are trained. Most likely, this dog would not bother anybody, when accidently freed, they run around like a crazy animal happy to be able to roam getting into everything; trust me, I have one of the very similar neighbors. Since they got the dog when it was a puppy, it was never thought to be mean, it was only tied and left alone, it doesn't know how to be vicious. It will bark ferociously upon seeing a stranger, let it loose, it would go right pass the individual as if they didn't exist. If it was a fully grown dog, I would than be nervous and concerned. I had two pitbull mix dogs, I got them as puppies, they were the sweetest dogs in the world; they would bark when a stranger came near the house, they would never hurt anyone. If it was possible, I would love to have that dog.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:41 PM

50 posts, read 76,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdons55 View Post
I totally disagree with your view towards pitbulls; True, they can be lethal if wrongfully trained, but at the same time can be one of the most beautiful, sweet dogs in the world. Pitbulls carry a terrible name because of the way they are trained. Most likely, this dog would not bother anybody, when accidently freed, they run around like a crazy animal happy to be able to roam getting into everything; trust me, I have one of the very similar neighbors. Since they got the dog when it was a puppy, it was never thought to be mean, it was only tied and left alone, it doesn't know how to be vicious. It will bark ferociously upon seeing a stranger, let it loose, it would go right pass the individual as if they didn't exist. If it was a fully grown dog, I would than be nervous and concerned. I had two pitbull mix dogs, I got them as puppies, they were the sweetest dogs in the world; they would bark when a stranger came near the house, they would never hurt anyone. If it was possible, I would love to have that dog.
It's not their propensity to bite, because smaller, yappy dogs bite more frequently. It's the bite itself that makes pitbulls much more lethal. You don't hear about death by poodle, and I'm sure there are as many crappy poodle owners as there are Pitbull owners, so the ownership standpoint is kinda moot. I've met some beautiful pitbulls, and I was tempted to rescue one because he was so docile. But it's that bite...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island