Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 11:43 PM

401 posts, read 942,118 times

Advertisements

Congrats Fred! I guess there is sour grapes when some people leave the chains of high taxes and nanny state laws, but I for one, am very happy for you. Misery does love company and more so when it leaves the confines. Wish you the best in your new endeavours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 04:29 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,403,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer232 View Post
Congrats Fred. Good luck to you. I want to do the same thing as you. I have been thinking of moving to Tampa bay, FL for a while. I want to go there because I heard the economy and job market is booming there. Will see what happens.
You better do your research before you act. If you're in the healthfield business go for it. If not.....pay is relative.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:24 AM

5,019 posts, read 3,922,427 times
Wow. Everybody hates paying their taxes but only a select few have the time or inclination to break out into a song and dance routine over it. This is very very special. Kudos and best of luck in Beverly Hills. Perhaps a haiku or sonnet on their taxes after you settle in!

Old 01-01-2016, 09:01 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,827,946 times
What do they say about friendly people elsewhere? They won't say it to your face, but they will say it behind your back?

Old 01-01-2016, 12:18 PM

186 posts, read 216,645 times
I am a certified medical assistant. I figure Florida is a better state for me to work. Lower taxes there. I know the pay is not that great but hopefully I can work a lot more there. I am only working PT here on long island. Tough job market here even though I am a certified medical assistant.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:31 PM

186 posts, read 216,645 times
Tampa Among Best for Jobs in 2016 | Patch

This is why i am thinking of moving down south. Jobs!!!!!

Old 01-01-2016, 01:00 PM

258 posts, read 455,270 times
I'm getting out of here too, Election Day was the last straw for me. It's clear that nothing will ever change. Everyone keeps saying they want to vote out all incumbents and make things better, but when the time comes, nobody shows up and the same old jokers are voted back in. I've given up. Enough is enough.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:14 PM

622 posts, read 849,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Another loser who can't hack it out in NYC, gone.
Wow, FHD, this is a little strong, don't you think?

Frankly, if Long Island was on fire, I wouldn't **** on it to put out the fire. And that's for all the reasons OP has very elegantly stated.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarot View Post
I'm getting out of here too, Election Day was the last straw for me. It's clear that nothing will ever change. Everyone keeps saying they want to vote out all incumbents and make things better, but when the time comes, nobody shows up and the same old jokers are voted back in. I've given up. Enough is enough.
What's funny is in my neck of the woods they've been slow to raise taxes. Oh fees and surcharges have doubled or tripled, but they've held the 2% increase for the most part. I think they're testing the waters, waiting for other towns to jump the tax cap, until they unleash the big one here.

My point, is your correct, nothing changes here except for our taxes, which inevitably go up. As do our energy bills and other services we consume.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
What do they say about friendly people elsewhere? They won't say it to your face, but they will say it behind your back?
Yup, this is true.

I think people are less hostile in most other regions of the country than here in the crowded northeast. Forget about LI, it's the nexus of nastiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island