Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:35 AM

572 posts, read 1,683,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
In Levittown.....

Goodbye 150 year old farmhouse and green barn

Hello FIVE McMansion monstrosities...

Note: not my pics, come from a thread on Long Island Oddities
I know exactly where that is! That's over on Miller Place.... I shudder every time I drive past there.

There's another one over on Seaman's Neck Rd, next to East Broadway Elementary. I believe it was built in 1899... I'm scared to see what they are going to do over there, as it was on the market and just recently sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,506,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
I know exactly where that is! That's over on Miller Place.... I shudder every time I drive past there.

There's another one over on Seaman's Neck Rd, next to East Broadway Elementary. I believe it was built in 1899... I'm scared to see what they are going to do over there, as it was on the market and just recently sold.
Believe it or not, that one has been saved from the bulldozers. In fact in the last month it was totally gutted and redone, but hardly changed architecturally. I'm not in love with the new color, but they did mange to keep shingles on the front of the house...that one is so old there may actually have been a law against knocking it down. I remember seeing it listed on MLSLI last year for over $700k!!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:

The white house and green barn are/were in Miller Place? I am trying to think of where they might have stood. I'm confused -- I thought the pictures were supposed to be of a home in Levittown.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,654,930 times
Quote:

De-Ba-Cle...what a mess. Could that look any cheaper/cheezier???

I just don't get it. When people buy these...have they seen any other houses in America before? Perhaps if it was all siding, this would pass, but certainly not to replace the farmhouse.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The white house and green barn are/were in Miller Place? I am trying to think of where they might have stood. I'm confused -- I thought the pictures were supposed to be of a home in Levittown.

No, OhBeeHave, it's on Miller Place. In Levittown. I believe that side of the street is actually considered Island Trees, but its still Levittown.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Believe it or not, that one has been saved from the bulldozers. In fact in the last month it was totally gutted and redone, but hardly changed architecturally. I'm not in love with the new color, but they did mange to keep shingles on the front of the house...that one is so old there may actually have been a law against knocking it down. I remember seeing it listed on MLSLI last year for over $700k!!

yes, I fell over when I saw the listing price for that home - I think $700K was a bit much, but they probably figured that they could get that given the age and the location. If I recall correctly, I believe that property was grandfatherd in some zoning that they could build another home on that lot if they wanted to. I'm glad to hear that they did not tear it down and do a rebuild. Too many historical houses have gone the way of the dump.

Hey seanx4, do you remember the green and white farmhouses on wantagh avenue going south towards jerusalem ave?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
No, OhBeeHave, it's on Miller Place. In Levittown. I believe that side of the street is actually considered Island Trees, but its still Levittown.

OIC!!!!

Thank you for clarifying things. I was having a DUH! moment

Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
OIC!!!!

Thank you for clarifying things. I was having a DUH! moment
OIC?

filler... post has to be 10 characters...

Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 PM

OIC = oh, I see

Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
OIC = oh, I see
That's what I thought, but who knows. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island