Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I actually was friends with alot of the 80's metal groups and my aunt woked with Scott Ian's mother of Anthrax so he would call me with the fake band names when they played there (like Satan's Penis). Was also good friends back then with the guys from Nuclear Assault,M.O.D.

I saw Anthrax there a few times.
Nuclear Assault too.

I feel bad for the kids now.....music isnt nearly evil enough.

We had Slayer....they have Good Charlotte.

Weak.

crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I saw Anthrax there a few times.
Nuclear Assault too.

I feel bad for the kids now.....music isnt nearly evil enough.

We had Slayer....they have Good Charlotte.

Weak.

crooks
They always used to say that when we got older we would think are kids music was too loud or hard,when instead it's just garbage that why all the 80's groups are doing reunion tours---High Demand instead of listening to some idiot growl and call it singing.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:58 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
The Dark Stench.

I was more of a Checkmate man

crooks

The Bench has been resurrected yet again. Looks like they might do it right this time. Crowds of cars parked along the stores and behind Astoria bank -- just like in the old days.

The Mate...what can I say? It's still alive and really kicking! The interior is virtually still the same, the patrons are all WM and SUSB alumni. Many of my friends go in to shoot darts. The crowd is grows younger as the night goes on. When you see one of your friend's oldest children enter (legally) you know it's time to call it a night!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:00 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The Bench has been resurrected yet again. Looks like they might do it right this time. Crowds of cars parked along the stores and behind Astoria bank -- just like in the old days.

The Mate...what can I say? It's still alive and really kicking! The interior is virtually still the same, the patrons are all WM and SUSB alumni. Many of my friends go in to shoot darts. The crowd is grows younger as the night goes on. When you see one of your friend's oldest children enter (legally) you know it's time to call it a night!
I went to Comsewogue and I remember going to the bench and seeing like 40 friends of mine there on a night we didn't schedule meeting up with. I loved that place for that reason.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:29 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones978 View Post
Cyberia,
Oragin

Old 02-15-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I dont even think they own any radio anymore, Party 105 and 98.5 were purchased by the station's manager, Vic Latino (used to be on 103.5 KTU).
I think its called JVC group now. Party 105 is the main station behind LI's club scene now and can be heard in Nassau on 101.5.
actually, vic was on party 105 since its birth in the 90's. when party 105 went off the air, vic went to ktu. he was huge there but when ktu decided to waster thier money on whoopi goldberg, they let all thier talent go. vic went back to party 105 and bought it. vic also owns 92.7 and 94.3. he had a stint at Hot 97 with Dr. Dre and Ed Lover's morning show before bouncing to WBLI, then Party.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:59 AM

the clubs i miss are:

SIN CITY (uncle sams, spit)
elons in massapequa
escapes in merrick (I saw madonna and the beastie boys opened up for her in 1985)
shalia/shalamar in west babylone
chevy's in islip
machines in levittown

Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
the clubs i miss are:

SIN CITY (uncle sams, spit)
elons in massapequa
escapes in merrick (I saw madonna and the beastie boys opened up for her in 1985)
shalia/shalamar in west babylone
chevy's in islip
machines in levittown

Lamour
Voodoo
Paris
Spize
Malibu
Sparks
Roxy

Old 02-16-2009, 11:19 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
Man, I can't believe 20 years have passed. I feel old now but we did have some fun. What do kids do these days?

Larry the Duck is on Sirius radio now; it's great to hear him. I still have some WLIR stickers tucked away somewhere.

Thanks for the memories all.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:14 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
Quote:
I still have some WLIR stickers tucked away somewhere.
My youngest just slapped my last WDRE sticker on his skateboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island