Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,748 times

Advertisements

All I am expecting your honest opinion.
here is the problem. I am looking to buy a house which has Bethpage postal address code, 11714, but the house is in the town of Heampstead. My question to you if I want to apply for commuter parking permit which town should I apply. Heampstead or Oyster Bay??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 09:18 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,379 times
Postal code and hamlet name are basically arbitrary distinctions. You apply in the town you live in - the one listed on your tax bill. That's the only town you are entitled to receive services from.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 AM

163 posts, read 245,910 times
Yeah, seems pretty clear it's Hempstead.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 5,748 times
Thanks to all those of you reply! But the house is near Bethpage/Hicksville train stations and both stations are in the Town of Oyster Bay. So my question to you can I apply to TOB for commuter parking?

Old 05-11-2016, 12:30 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MU979 View Post
Thanks to all those of you reply! But the house is near Bethpage/Hicksville train stations and both stations are in the Town of Oyster Bay. So my question to you can I apply to TOB for commuter parking?
Doesn't matter where the train station is. You can only get a "town" permit for the town you live in.

You are in Hempstead, so you can only get a Town of Hempstead permit, usable at ToH parking lots.

If you want to be overly technical, then yes, you CAN apply for a ToOB permit. However, that permit will be denied as you are not a ToOB resident.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:33 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
here is the problem. I am looking to buy a house which has Bethpage postal address code, 11714, but the house is in the town of Heampstead. My question to you if I want to apply for commuter parking permit which town should I apply. Heampstead or Oyster Bay??
You would be a Town of Hempstead resident, and as such, you would need to apply to the Town of Hempstead for a parking sticker which would be used at stations within the Town of Hempstead.

FWIW You can park at the other stations you mentioned, just not in the Town of Oyster Bay sections. Bethpage you would have to use one of the LIRR lots a couple of blocks from the station.

On the other hand, as a ToH resident, with the ToH sticker you could park in the ToH lots at Seaford and Merrick stations. Depending on where you would be living in Bethpage, you could hop on 135 and shoot straight down to Sunrise Hwy. The train station is a couple of blocks from 135.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:48 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
You would be a Town of Hempstead resident, and as such, you would need to apply to the Town of Hempstead for a parking sticker which would be used at stations within the Town of Hempstead.

FWIW You can park at the other stations you mentioned, just not in the Town of Oyster Bay sections. Bethpage you would have to use one of the LIRR lots a couple of blocks from the station.

On the other hand, as a ToH resident, with the ToH sticker you could park in the ToH lots at Seaford and Merrick stations. Depending on where you would be living in Bethpage, you could hop on 135 and shoot straight down to Sunrise Hwy. The train station is a couple of blocks from 135.
OP probably wants to park at Hicksville...

Old 05-11-2016, 08:01 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson station View Post
OP probably wants to park at Hicksville...
I realize that, given the way s/he has tried playing the zip code angle.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:58 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,695,389 times
Quote:
You;ve asked this question before.. you live in Town of Hempstead...... you have to get a TOH permit and use TOH lots. Why do you think you would be able to get a TOB resident sticker?

Old 05-15-2016, 01:40 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,499,132 times
Quote:
No, you don't live in Oyster Bay. Same reason you can't get a Tobay beach resident pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: