U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 930 times

Advertisements

Hi
i am planning on buying a house in levittown.
Just want to make sure about the following.
1. How is school district as compared to Hicksville and Bethpage?

2. How is commute to city? My wife is not working right now, but when she starts to look for job oppurtunities, I hope she gets one in Long island but what if she gets in manhattan, will she be able to take train? I know hicksville train station parking fills up quick, But what is the parking situation for bethpage and Bellemore train stations?

3. How easy it is to rent out second floor with separate entrance? Since levitt houses don't have basements, i'm planning to rent out second floor with separate entrance. I know in hicksville, it is very easy to rent out. Not sure about levittown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 01:14 AM

4,671 posts, read 2,356,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk1582 View Post
Hi

2. How is commute to city? My wife is not working right now, but when she starts to look for job oppurtunities, I hope she gets one in Long island but what if she gets in manhattan, will she be able to take train? I know hicksville train station parking fills up quick, But what is the parking situation for bethpage and Bellemore train stations?

3. How easy it is to rent out second floor with separate entrance? Since levitt houses don't have basements, i'm planning to rent out second floor with separate entrance. I know in hicksville, it is very easy to rent out. Not sure about levittown.
It is easy to get a tenant for an apartment in a house. It is not at all easy to have a legal apartment in a single family house.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:33 AM

7,660 posts, read 9,291,180 times
On.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 AM

778 posts, read 896,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk1582 View Post
Hi

You're not going to make friends in your new neighborhood if you rent out part of the house. You will be reported to the Town of Hempstead Code Enforcement.

This isn't Queens......if you can't afford the house you shouldn't buy it in the first place.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:46 AM

5,553 posts, read 2,671,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
You're not going to make friends in your new neighborhood if you rent out part of the house. You will be reported to the Town of Hempstead Code Enforcement.

This isn't Queens......if you can't afford the house you shouldn't buy it in the first place.
I'm sure there are many people discreetly living in basement apartments all over Long Island. Not that I'd recommend him renting out an apartment, but I doubt anyone would care as long as that house wasn't causing issues.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:22 PM

2,620 posts, read 2,644,720 times
I'd rat out anyone I thought was doing an illegal rental. Hell, sometimes I report people who aren't just for laughs.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 AM

5,553 posts, read 2,671,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I'd rat out anyone I thought was doing an illegal rental. Hell, sometimes I report people who aren't just for laughs.
You must be real fun at parties

Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 AM

13,897 posts, read 20,764,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'm sure there are many people discreetly living in basement apartments all over Long Island. Not that I'd recommend him renting out an apartment, but I doubt anyone would care as long as that house wasn't causing issues.
There are pretty much no basements in Levittown.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM

778 posts, read 896,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
You should because illegal apartments and liberal funded "group homes" are slowly destroying middle class neighborhoods across Long Island.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:32 AM

2,620 posts, read 2,644,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
You should because illegal apartments and liberal funded "group homes" are slowly destroying middle class neighborhoods across Long Island.
You should see what they're planning for Section 8.

Obama’s last act is to force suburbs to be less white and less wealthy | New York Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island