Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 01:46 PM

235 posts, read 247,826 times

Advertisements

Over the years, the general helpfulness and friendliness of clerks in stores on Long Island has impressed me. Only once in a while do I meet a perfunctory staffer who behaves like a vending machine, as in "I take your money, and I give you the product. Next, please!"
---
In the past two days, I needed to ask questions in several stores. The workers stopped their other work, listened, gave me good advice, or helped me find a product. Cashiers were not rushed, but friendly. I noted this at Ace Bellmore, Walgreens Massapequa, Wantagh Bagel, Seaford post office, a liquor store, and McDonald's. I know some chain store managers emphasize cordial service, but this willingness seems natural, not forced. I'm glad to remark it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 02:13 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times
Great! That Ace Store in Bellmore is awesome. Not sure which one you used as there are 2 in Bellmore. Merrick Rd one has been there for years The group that owns it just recently opened a second location on Newbridge Rd in N. Bellmore. Very family run store. There is always at least one of the family members working in each store (at least the Bellmore ones) when they are open for business. They help us all the time. They go way above & beyond there. They are known as Costello Ace they are family owned & have many locations on LI that they own. This link shows their story. They are very active within the communities & they even helped lots of us after Sandy. As well as after Irene.

Glad to see a nice postiver post & experience. Wantagh Bagel if you go during off hours they are very nice. But when busy they are rushed. But never had a bad experience there really. The guy at the liquor store on Bedford in Bellmore is usually very nice & helpful. Not sure if that was one you went to.

Thanks for sharing. I will let Ace know about your post. We know the managers there pretty well. Unfortunately in a sense. LOL

http://www.costelloace.com/ace/about-us/history/

Last edited by loribell38; 07-17-2016 at 02:22 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 06:08 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe63 View Post
Over the years, the general helpfulness and friendliness of clerks in stores on Long Island has impressed me. Only once in a while do I meet a perfunctory staffer who behaves like a vending machine, as in "I take your money, and I give you the product. Next, please!"
---
In the past two days, I needed to ask questions in several stores. The workers stopped their other work, listened, gave me good advice, or helped me find a product. Cashiers were not rushed, but friendly. I noted this at Ace Bellmore, Walgreens Massapequa, Wantagh Bagel, Seaford post office, a liquor store, and McDonald's. I know some chain store managers emphasize cordial service, but this willingness seems natural, not forced. I'm glad to remark it.
Not to toot my own horn but I am one of those clerks who is helpful, friendly and sensitive to a persons needs especially when it comes to food allergies. I'll even go as far as looking at the label's of our products to let the customer know what's in it. If you have a special request and it's not outrageous I will honor that. Example of an outrageous request: One time a customer asked if I could take the seeds out of some of the tomato slices, I draw the line there sorry.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:17 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Not to toot my own horn but I am one of those clerks who is helpful, friendly and sensitive to a persons needs especially when it comes to food allergies. I'll even go as far as looking at the label's of our products to let the customer know what's in it. If you have a special request and it's not outrageous I will honor that. Example of an outrageous request: One time a customer asked if I could take the seeds out of some of the tomato slices, I draw the line there sorry.

Tell 'em to go to Burger King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: