Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 01:51 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,173,812 times

Advertisements

IF anyone has done a search on safety deposit boxes I'd like to hear it - wondering who has the biggest, the cheapest? I'm presuming they're all pretty much the same but if there's anything particular I should ask about - I'd appreciate knowing it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 01:57 PM

Default Long Island Movers - recommendations?

Looking for honest, cheap movers -recommendations and if you know their rates - that too. Thanks.

movers who do small jobs of maybe a few pieces of furniture or boxes at a time and also large jobs like 2 or 3 rooms of furniture and household stuff.

for most stuff I want the insured, bonded professionals

for maybe moving a few other things that wouldn't likely go "lost" or get broken maybe I can find some college kids but at what rate would you suggest?

I'm in the process of unplanned packing and moving and packing and storing and not much time to do a lot of research or of course money

Thanks

Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 AM

232 posts, read 243,836 times
The article at the link below might be of interest:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...oxes-fade-away

Also, consider going to a bank, "savings and loan," or credit union where you are already known. I'm a bit worried about the notion of being too busy to do research. Research sometimes heads off future grief.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:03 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,561,716 times
A few years back Chase bank gave a client their smallest safety deposit box free if they had a few linked accounts with a balance over $20,000. Not sure what promotions they currently have. I had a double box with North Fork Bank for years and paid peanuts. CapitalOne took over and charged around $120 year. They closed my branch leaving a bunch of us to look elsewhere -- glad I had the Chase box as a back up.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Ok thank you. I'll check the link out. No where near $20K. I wonder if $120 is high or the new norm if you don't qualify for a free box?
I hate capitol one - still miss north fork & won't get over that board of directors forcing Mr. Kansas to sell out.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Looking for honest, cheap movers -recommendations and if you know their rates - that too. Thanks.

movers who do small jobs of maybe a few pieces of furniture or boxes at a time and also large jobs like 2 or 3 rooms of furniture and household stuff.

for most stuff I want the insured, bonded professionals

for maybe moving a few other things that wouldn't likely go "lost" or get broken maybe I can find some college kids but at what rate would you suggest?

I'm in the process of unplanned packing and moving and packing and storing and not much time to do a lot of research or of course money

Thanks

Noone has anybody they liked?

Old 08-08-2016, 01:32 PM

13,034 posts, read 17,912,801 times
Try Men on the Move in Floral Park. I had them all set up to move me but buyers hit a snag in mortgage and had to move last minute and they could not do it. They do small stuff and storage too.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:59 PM

20,821 posts, read 28,141,533 times
Not sure where you live but Santini brothers movers are in Islip. Never used them but heard they are good.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe63 View Post
The article at the link below might be of interest:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...oxes-fade-away

Also, consider going to a bank, "savings and loan," or credit union where you are already known. I'm a bit worried about the notion of being too busy to do research. Research sometimes heads off future grief.
Ok thanks but that is an old article right after 911 and the savings & loan scandals so I think the author was rather jaded about using a bank in general.

Wasn't really a question of whether to use a safety deposit box - I need one - more interested in whether anyone knew of any cheap deals and had advice on what to look for in selecting other than price.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:33 AM

Men on the Move and Santini brothers - thank you. Sorry - I'm new on this forum and trying to get lots of information and I seemed to have combined the moving thread with the safety deposit thread somehow so I originally missed your posts. I'll look into both of them for rates etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island