Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,858 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an in-home speech therapist. Starting this September, my 4 y/o was approved through our district's (East Meadow) CPSE to receive in-home services but so far they have not been able to find anyone and have given me a list and basically told me to find someone and let them know. I've been going through the list without much luck.

Searching through past forums, in home speech therapists are hard to come by so I'm hoping someone has/knows of someone whom they'd be willing to recommend? We are in Westbury.

I'd like to find someone asap because without a speech therapist lined up, we've been told our 4 y/o plan for the school year cannot be finalized and the district cannot do the OT eval we've requested to have done as well.

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 01:28 PM

23 posts, read 18,128 times
I just used Little Village for my 18 month old but I don't know how it works for older kids when going through the school district.

https://www.littlevillage.org/

I would post this question on Lifamilies.com on the parenting board. The moms on there are helpful with recommendations for things like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: