Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:01 PM

29 posts, read 169,103 times

Advertisements

Alot of people have different ideas of what a nice town is .. be it the street signs , the street lamps, school districts or just the town what would most of the nassau population vote? ..

My favorites are :
1. Muttontown - cant go wrong ( good schools for all parts , borders nice towns)
2. Brookville- a little bit 'o westchester
3. Oyster Bay Cove - veryyy countryish
4. Matinecock - voted the 5th wealthiest town in U.S.A.
5. Cove Neck / Centre Island - very private ( not so great S.D)
6. Old WEstbury - gotta watch out for the westbuy s.d. area !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM

79 posts, read 319,284 times
You have to be rich to live in any of those areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaam View Post
You have to be rich to live in any of those areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich is an understatement! If money wasn't an issue I'm not even sure if I'd want to live in one of those places. Not that they all aren't very attractive areas, but I dunno how I'd feel about being so isolated. All of those homes are on crazy amounts of acreage, think I'd go a little nuts.

I do like killing some time driving through the back roads up there....Westchester is a good comparison. I guess if I had more than a million dollars I'd be living in Sea Cliff right now, that's continually my favorite. There's really only a handful of places I wouldn't want to live in Nassau, though; I think it's all great.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,855,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannin li x View Post
Alot of people have different ideas of what a nice town is .. be it the street signs , the street lamps, school districts or just the town what would most of the nassau population vote? ..

My favorites are :
1. Muttontown - cant go wrong ( good schools for all parts , borders nice towns)
My favorite would be Lloyd Neck. Beautiful scenery and you can't get anymore isolated a spot that close to NYC.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
My favorite would be Lloyd Neck. Beautiful scenery and you can't get anymore isolated a spot that close to NYC.
That's in Suffolk County!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:07 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,914,535 times
Quote:

My favorites are :
If I won the mega millions I wouldn't live in any of those towns. My grandparents lived in Old Brookville, have you ever spent any time with the people that live in those towns? bleek

Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,855,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
That's in Suffolk County!
Oops! I didn't notice that this thread was limited to Nassau County. Sorry!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:45 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,494,624 times
I take any of those towns........anyone know the winning #'s for lotto?

Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 PM

225 posts, read 1,072,295 times
My pick would be Glen Cove. It was where I grew up for most of my years and it will always be "home" to me. Since we are "dreaming about having the money" that will still serve me well (LOL) because there are some fancy/estate areas of the city. Yup, Glen Cove for me.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 9,548 times
Quote:

My favorites are :
What is the Wesbbuy s.d. area? Did you mean Westbury school district and if so, how is the Westbury school district? Also, what do you mean by "a little bit O'Westchester? Tell me what's wrong with Westchester. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island