Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 07:53 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times

Advertisements

I swear by my, MY Pillow, even take them traveling. To each, his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 12:23 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I swear by my, MY Pillow, even take them traveling. To each, his own.
I am thinking to finally cave & buy one of these. Just to try it out. Chronic Insomniac here. Will try anything that is not a pill. Tempurpedic bed was our worst investment about 10 years ago.I know some love that bed a swear by it. He loves it...I hate it.He even uses Tempurpedic pillow as well. I gave my Tempurpedic pillow away 2 days later. They love it. Wish we followed through on the return of it! Would have loved to have that $4000 back. True .To each,his own. Everyone is different.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:32 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
I am thinking to finally cave & buy one of these. Just to try it out. Chronic Insomniac here. Will try anything that is not a pill. Tempurpedic bed was our worst investment about 10 years ago.I know some love that bed a swear by it. He loves it...I hate it.He even uses Tempurpedic pillow as well. I gave my Tempurpedic pillow away 2 days later. They love it. Wish we followed through on the return of it! Would have loved to have that $4000 back. True .To each,his own. Everyone is different.
I had a temperpedic, it slept too hot for me. I am a fussy sleeper and hubby is not. Hubby bought a My Pillow for me. I was away and he used it for the weekend. We now both love our My Pillows.

I had a Sleep Number bed so I understand about the $$ loss, I had to pay to ship it back to them, not as bad as you by a long shot but still a nice piece of change. If you enjoy sleeping in a hot dog roll this is the bed for you.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:35 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
After years of using the same pillow half the weight of it could be made up of bugs, dead skin, dust mites and their feces.
I buy the $4 pillows at Target. Get new ones every year or 2.

I have cats who sleep on my pillows. I don't worry about bugs, but I am certain there is a lot of cat fur in my pillows! So I just replace frequently.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:11 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I buy the $4 pillows at Target. Get new ones every year or 2.

I have cats who sleep on my pillows. I don't worry about bugs, but I am certain there is a lot of cat fur in my pillows! So I just replace frequently.
lol...we have the Target cement bags in our guest room. One doesn't want guests to be too comfortable.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:15 PM

5,518 posts, read 7,107,963 times
I buy the two pack in Costco myself. I used to buy down pillows but my lab always chewed them and their would be feathers all over the bedroom.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:10 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,202,163 times
Warms my heart that so many Long Island Pets are sharing their owners pillows - LOL.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:55 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Quote:
I buy the two pack in Costco myself. I used to buy down pillows but my lab always chewed them and their would be feathers all over the bedroom.
That's funny!!!

Old 09-18-2016, 02:10 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I had a temperpedic, it slept too hot for me. I am a fussy sleeper and hubby is not. Hubby bought a My Pillow for me. I was away and he used it for the weekend. We now both love our My Pillows.

I had a Sleep Number bed so I understand about the $$ loss, I had to pay to ship it back to them, not as bad as you by a long shot but still a nice piece of change. If you enjoy sleeping in a hot dog roll this is the bed for you.
I wanted to try the Sleep Number. But after $4000 plus on that Tempurpedic one I was very hesitant to bother buying anything other than a normal bed. Latex was recommended to us. But for now since we spent all that money & did not return it I am sticking it out until next time we move. Then I am giving it away. I bet someone will live this expensive bed for free! I just never want to see it again pretty much. It is just very uncomfortable. Very hard to just turn over in it. And tried a dozen times to take the cover off to wash it....impossible to get off! We had many people try to help us take cover of it to clean it & put it back on. When we saw how hard it was to try to get off....we realized putting it back on would probably be much,much worse! And bailed. But we do need to clean it...or in any case get it OFF.

But will finally cave & order the My Pillow this week. Can't hurt. Not an expensive mistake if we don't like them. But he will not give up his Tempurpedic pillow anyway. He loves it. And we do have 4 of them in rotation for him LOL. I will not touch the pillow.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:32 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Quote:
After years of using the same pillow half the weight of it could be made up of bugs, dead skin, dust mites and their feces.
Exactly. I guess that's fine if you don't have allergies or like to remain ignorant/blind to it, but it truly is gross. They recommend changing pillows every 6 months. That said, I only read about it recently and bought new ones. At least get the hypoallergenic pillows/covers since "the fabric's extremely tight micro-weave, dust mites have no way of getting into these pillows." Then you don't have to change it as often. $10 at Target and it feels soft like the ones at nice hotels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island