Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,727 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,
My husband and I are from the South Shore so we know nothing of the Huntington area but we are currently looking to buy this house with a HUNTINGTON address and Harborfields Schools. Its in New Town Of Green Lawn & Huntington Village? Its actually right around the corner from this cute farm apparently we were told the Annual Greenlawn Pickle Festival takes place there. The neighborhood looked great with well maintained homes, but we want to know if thats a good area to live in. Huntington Station does not seem too far from us if we venture out that way. We want a nice neighborhood to live in a most importantly, a safe one. We were attracted to the great schools. Can anyone help us by letting us know about this area of Huntington? Is it safe? Should we be nervous? I think the house is south of LITTLE PLAINS road. East of Park Ave. Looks like Little Plains park is not too far? And its also west of Broadway.

Let us know any information you can..... thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 01:02 PM

I think its actuall considered the Park Ave / Broadway Greenlawn neighborhood of Huntington?

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Sounds like it could be the Robin's Park Section...

Last edited by Elke Mariotti; 09-19-2016 at 04:25 PM..

Old 09-20-2016, 08:33 AM

Which is bad or good? Lol. We are unfamiliar with the robinsparksection as well

Old 09-20-2016, 12:49 PM

137 posts, read 272,773 times
I am close to that area. In my opinion it is a good area. I know people that live there. They have had no issues.

Snobby people advise against buying "south of little plains". Most of these people are just racist, as there is a "black neighborhood" that is slightly south of where you are. Starting on Stuyvesant and heading south to Delamere is the "black neighborhood." There are three small strip malls on broadway greenlawn that are frequented by people from this neighborhood.

The area is more than safe. It is a great value in that you get Harborfields district for a good price and taxes that aren't out of control. There is no crime to be concerned about. So, if you are not a racist, and don't mind living near a minority neighborhood, I say absolutely go for it, the value is there, the homes are nice and it is affordable for the area. If you prefer to live in a neighborhood that is almost 100% white and not close to a neighborhood that isn't almost 100% white, you may want to look "north of pulaski" as the snobs say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island