Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 11:50 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,971,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Oh, I think Trump support is like masturbation. Many more doing it than would ever admit out loud. People HATE HATE HATE Washington. They don't know why, exactly, except for whatever talking head catches their ear, and both parties have thrown honesty, integrity and facts out the window long ago. They don't know how much is due to their own apathy and gullibility, how much they vote against their own interests and how it got to be this way. Do we REALLY have to look further than our OWN BACK YARD to see how dysfunctional govt has become!? We are the poster child for political malfeasance and building wealth on the broken backs of the middle class. That is why such a big Trump groundswell here in blue country. No one cares how much Trump screwed NY/NJ vendors over and over. How he tried to screw Jones Beach but even LI's doofus crew of elected ding dongs managed to keep him from building a basement on an ocean beach (D'oh). Lucky. Sandy would have wiped it out. Trump missed out on another kick azz tax deduction. For another giant loss. Such patriotic LI'ers! ha. I don't mind he dissed the hero's parents (well I do, but they inserted themselves into the political fray so fair game), I do mind that he's a repeat draft dodger and tax dodger.

Every time an estab repub flees him it makes him stronger. Every time a pundit says "he can't win" he gains a vote. Clinton is a poor alternative. DNC are complete imbeciles. RNC is a mess. Oh, he can win alright. He's within 5 points and a swing state or two.
Do you even consider demographics or do you think everyone looks like you and thinks like you? Democracy is funny like that. The groups that Trump excels in are not holding the clear majorities like they used to in the US. You seem to take this completely for granted.

Quote:
Ahhh, memories of 2000-2008. When we were "great!" hahahahahahahah

God, may we NEVER be that "great" again, please!!

Well, you're responding to my comments on the state and applying it to the federal level. But, I get your point. I personally don't see how Trump would be anything but the "American greatness" of someone like Bush W. Actually worse - more authoritarian and more ego PLUS a whacko right wing zealot for a running mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 11:58 AM

13,034 posts, read 17,916,010 times
I don't have a pony in this ring. I SMH at the fact that these two individuals are the best either party has to represent and I have not decided which of these two I will hold my nose and vote for or not vote for president at all this year. I previously stated that I don't think it will be over on election night.

I would love to see him pull out of the debate and then start a parallel debate so he could answer all the same questions without being in the same room. I think that would be a great sporting event to see. The both of them unaware of the responses from the other.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:08 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,806,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Do you even consider demographics or do you think everyone looks like you and thinks like you? Democracy is funny like that. The groups that Trump excels in are not holding the clear majorities like they used to in the US. You seem to take this completely for granted..
I don't think anyone thinks like me. If they did we'd be much better off across the board!

It's not about demographics or pundit 'rules.' It's about human emotions. The point is Trump haters discount how much SECRET support he will have. MANY just hate electing Clinton or any establishment candidate. They won't OPENLY say they are for Trump because they will get called out by their friends as bigots and racists and don't need the hassle. They just don't want Hillary. They believe the lies and the truth(s) and still WANT ANYONE ELSE. In the absence of Sanders or a legit Repub alternative (and Pence is NOT a legit repub alternative), Trump is the "anyone else" that is available.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone thinks like me. If they did we'd be much better off across the board!

It's not about demographics or pundit 'rules.' It's about human emotions. The point is Trump haters discount how much SECRET support he will have. MANY just hate electing Clinton or any establishment candidate. They won't OPENLY say they are for Trump because they will get called out by their friends as bigots and racists and don't need the hassle. They just don't want Hillary. They believe the lies and the truth(s) and still WANT ANYONE ELSE. In the absence of Sanders or a legit Repub alternative (and Pence is NOT a legit repub alternative), Trump is the "anyone else" that is available.
Fair enough.

I don't disagree with your logic, but I do question where this "sekret" support is coming from. Voter suppression will certainly help, especially in the battleground states. Even with that, though, I don't see him coming anywhere close where it really matters. I certainly could be wrong - nothing is definite in life except for 2 things not impacted by whether either candidate wins.

In the end, if the next 3 weeks are about wikileaks and pointing out how Bill is as bad as Trump with women, I don't see how that is a winning formula. An entire campaign based on zero policy and solely about how the other person is worse than me is ludicrous. He'll self destruct right in front of everyone on Twitter days before the election. He just won't ever understand his own weaknesses.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Fair enough.

I don't disagree with your logic, but I do question where this "sekret" support is coming from. Voter suppression will certainly help, especially in the battleground states. Even with that, though, I don't see him coming anywhere close where it really matters. I certainly could be wrong - nothing is definite in life except for 2 things not impacted by whether either candidate wins.

In the end, if the next 3 weeks are about wikileaks and pointing out how Bill is as bad as Trump with women, I don't see how that is a winning formula. An entire campaign based on zero policy and solely about how the other person is worse than me is ludicrous. He'll self destruct right in front of everyone on Twitter days before the election. He just won't ever understand his own weaknesses.

I get where you're coming from too and this is all just bantering silly concepts about, not any real evidence.

I honestly think the "sekret" (was that a typo, it's actually a good clever misspelling, lol) support comes from the Sanders crowd who want the revolution but are decidedly not liberals or democrats and there were millions of them. Bernie's tepid "endorsement" doesn't help her and Trump has reached out to them more than she has, even during debates. If she wasn't "crooked" before to them, the DNC debacle proved it. They know who got cheated and who did the cheating and it wasn't Trump (well, it may have been his Russian pals, but let's not go down that hysterical but probably true path).

I disagree with the 2nd point. It's the dems who need to stop with the "he's this, he's that, he's a bigot, he's unfit" instead of "we're this" or "we're that." They said "we go high" then in 10 seconds went low again. In a negative fight, Trump is what, 18-0 at least?! He wins by attacking either Clinton. Clinton fatigue before it even begins works. Proof, listen to what the Obama's say on the stump for her, "he's this, he's that, he's unfit!" Nothing about Clinton.

When someone you like speaks negatively, you listen. When someone you don't like does it, you tune them out. So both sides are tuning out anyone except the base. The wedge in the middle that will determine the outcome is so thin. That is why I say momentum favors him.

That said, his policies are the problem. Trickle down on steroids.

Supply Side Economics: "a rising tide lifts all yachts."

Old 10-13-2016, 02:42 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,209,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Won't matter either way. He won't win NY.
Or the general election,for that matter.

I'm not "in love" with Hillary Clinton, but Trump is an ego maniacal,sick and dangerous individual.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I get where you're coming from too and this is all just bantering silly concepts about, not any real evidence.

I honestly think the "sekret" (was that a typo, it's actually a good clever misspelling, lol) support comes from the Sanders crowd who want the revolution but are decidedly not liberals or democrats and there were millions of them. Bernie's tepid "endorsement" doesn't help her and Trump has reached out to them more than she has, even during debates. If she wasn't "crooked" before to them, the DNC debacle proved it. They know who got cheated and who did the cheating and it wasn't Trump (well, it may have been his Russian pals, but let's not go down that hysterical but probably true path).

I disagree with the 2nd point. It's the dems who need to stop with the "he's this, he's that, he's a bigot, he's unfit" instead of "we're this" or "we're that." They said "we go high" then in 10 seconds went low again. In a negative fight, Trump is what, 18-0 at least?! He wins by attacking either Clinton. Clinton fatigue before it even begins works. Proof, listen to what the Obama's say on the stump for her, "he's this, he's that, he's unfit!" Nothing about Clinton.

When someone you like speaks negatively, you listen. When someone you don't like does it, you tune them out. So both sides are tuning out anyone except the base. The wedge in the middle that will determine the outcome is so thin. That is why I say momentum favors him.

That said, his policies are the problem. Trickle down on steroids.

Supply Side Economics: "a rising tide lifts all yachts."
hrmpf - can't really argue with you on this one. well thought out points.

If the sekret (yes, I did it with a k on purpose lol) is the Bernsters, there are things she could do to mitigate the damage. I would suspect that these folks are looking for any reason to vote FOR her instead of AGAINST him (to your point). They need to leave the ugliness to the FB crowd.

The email leak/hack reeks of espionage - it really does. I'm positive if the other side had similar hacks, it would be much the same type of rhetoric we discover in their emails. Someone is pulling the strings on this and specifically targeting the Dems using Asange as an asset. It's not what is in the emails that scares me... it's the why. Anyone who is shocked about the corruption, collusion, etc revealed needs to have their head examined.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:20 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,985,443 times
Quote:
MANY just hate electing Clinton or any establishment candidate. They won't OPENLY say they are for Trump because they will get called out by their friends as bigots and racists and don't need the hassle. They just don't want Hillary. They believe the lies and the truth(s) and still WANT ANYONE ELSE. In the absence of Sanders or a legit Repub alternative (and Pence is NOT a legit repub alternative), Trump is the "anyone else" that is available.
Media is babbling how people like Paul Ryan or Romney doesn't support Trump...that will only strengthen Trump's position.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Media is babbling how people like Paul Ryan or Romney doesn't support Trump...that will only strengthen Trump's position.
Yup, I agree.

Quote:
...Every time an estab repub flees him it makes him stronger. Every time a pundit says "he can't win" he gains a vote...

Old 10-13-2016, 05:41 PM

5,263 posts, read 4,704,358 times
Quote:
Fair enough.

Voter Supression??? Lmao you really are just a book of Democrat talking points aren't you? How about voter fraud which favors democrats across the board, which is why they fight any effort whatsoever to maintain the integrity of our voting system. God forbid someone has to get an ID even in situations where the state offers to pay all fees and even provide transportation if needed, to get one it's still "supression".

And what is your beef with Mike Pence? The guys is just a run of the mill political clone/hack like Kaine. Is is because of the stupid "religious freedom" law? Gimme a break. We have way more important problems in this country.

Last edited by peconic117; 10-13-2016 at 05:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island