U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2008, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 14,051 times
Thumbs up Dix Hills Mommy N Me (for Infants) Preschool,hebrew School,hebrew High, Bar And Bat Mitzvah Club And Amazing Youth Group

] For all those interested. I joined with my family over a year ago it has been an unbelievable experience.

The Chai Center is one of New York's most unorthodox Synagogues- a popular center for Jews of all backgrounds and affiliations who wish to learn more about their Jewish roots. Located on 1 1/2 acres on Vanderbilt Parkway in Dix Hills, The Chai Center offers a wide variety of educational and spiritual opportunities, including Hebrew School, Preschool, Torah classes, Shabbaton dinners and an array of Jewish Holiday programs.

Traditional Jewish values are brought to life in a joyous, non-judgemental atmosphere.
Everyone is welcome at the Chai Center, regardless of one's level of religious observance. The philosophy is in keeping with the Chabad-Lubavitch approach of joy, scholarship and unconditional acceptance and love of every Jew.

Click here [SIZE=3]to view a full color brochure about The Chai Center, its mission and programs.[/SIZE][/font]
[/font]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM

9,343 posts, read 15,610,488 times
For those who may not be familiar with Chabad-Lubavitchers and Chabad centers, they are missionaries and missions to non-Torah observant Jews.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 AM

5 posts, read 14,051 times
Default Hi, Walter

Hi, Walter

All I can say is from my own personal experience. My family and myself are completely non observant and we really enjoy going to the chai center. The Rabbi and the growing Jewish community are so not judgemental and they dont try to push you to do things you dont want to do. They dont label Jews nor are there and politics going on over there. They try to make sure everyone is comfortable. My children look forward to going to the childrens group. My wife skips going to the gym to go to classes. What I can tell you is that they do promote Jewish awareness and Jewish pride amongst the youth and they do it with joy and allot of excitement and fun. I got to go but we'll keep in touch. Thats all for now. Bye and have a great day!

truth&integrity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island