Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:39 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
But on my side of the family I have some EXTREMELY wealthy relatives. Multi-Billionaires. While we had lots of stock in their companies & did sell off most of it as we needed to cash in. They refused to help us out at all. They basically said it is not our fault that we are rich & you are not. Wealthy people are sick & tired of supporting the failures that can't seem to find a way to make it on their own. These people work hard for their money. Can't blame them for being tired of all the people taking advantage of the system anymore. The rich are taxed enough already.
There are 958 multi-billionaires in the US, according to Forbes magazine. I'm going to call BS on several (or some) of them being in your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 12:33 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There are 958 multi-billionaires in the US, according to Forbes magazine. I'm going to call BS on several (or some) of them being in your family.

Don't have to prove anything to you. But even if I proved it to you...you are the type of person that would still discredit me anyway. I KNOW your type very well. But one of my relatives is one of the biggest names in Advertising & Media. I am also quite close to Howard Stern. In fact the guy behind who supported his career & fought the FCC for him all those years is my cousin. So yeah my cousin & other family members are quite successful well off people. Imus was bound by his contract NOT to mention my cousins name all during his career. They referred to my cousin as the "Zen Master". The king of Broadcasting so to speak. He is the reason I worked for CBS & did investigative reporting for a while. And I have also mentioned that in this forum as well. So none of this is NEW info on here. Not making it up like you think. Sorry to say you are wrong. I know people like you CAN never admit they are wrong.

And his now ex-wife is a big time Broadway producer now. Wont tell you who all my other relatives are. None of your business. No one in Broadcasting dared to mess with my cousin Mel. He is also known as "Wall Streets Darling" Everything he touched turned to gold. That is how I made all my money. Now with Sumner Redstone finally gone (may he RIP) who knows what will happen with Viacom & CBS. He was the President & CEO of CBS/Viacom for a while. He was CEO of Sirius until he left there in 2012. He moved around a lot. He founded Infinity Broadcasting when I was younger. And he came from a very poor family.But he is tenacious. That is how my family got into Advertising.

He might come out of retirement soon... My cousin & him fought for years until my cuz retired & left Viacom (he was COO) to take care of his FAMILY.He went to Sirius when Stern went to Sirius...they stick together when it comes to business. He also has been inducted into the Broadcasting Hall of Fame. And the National Radio Hall of Fame. I know that means nothing though to you. But in the business world. It means an awful lot. Was CEO of Sirius for a while...hence a recent comment I made on another thread someone else posted about that company. My comment was that I get that service for FREE for a reason...

And they are not stuck up people. His grandson was dx with Autism. So he retired basically to devote his time to the cause. He is on the board now with Autism Speaks & donates millions towards the cause. And since the founder recently passed away he might be taking over. They are now Philanthropists. Him & his whole family. But they barely know I exist anymore. His son is not doing to bad either. Owns about 12 radio stations & following in his dads footsteps & owns a portion of Milwaukee Bucks too.

Last edited by loribell38; 12-17-2016 at 12:56 AM..

Old 12-17-2016, 02:39 AM

Sorry. Redstone is not dead yet... (he is in my mind) but being in his mid 90's & not really with company in any sense anymore. Except a bit for board meetings. He is not much of a business presence anymore. He did step down last year. And is resigning from the board as of Feb last we were told when we were last notified the other day. No voting rights. But still there in spirit. We still have some stake in Viacom for know. Family dispute...still. They refuse to let me sell the rest. No choice. Did sell mine when cousin left Viacom. But upon a family members passing recently her shares transferred to me. Honestly it sucks. Need the money bad...but told I can't touch it.

Last edited by loribell38; 12-17-2016 at 03:25 AM..

Old 12-17-2016, 06:36 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So how do these low income people get to work when they lose their only viable service. Many are living on the edge and have no alternative, bus service is always an easy target for Mangano and the legislature. The spend millions in contracts for their connected cronies like Singh but they can't afford basic transportation.
The businesses that employ them pay them more, so that they can afford to continue working. If they can't, they go out of business. I'm ill concerned with whether private businesses can afford to operate without government handouts in the form of a transportation system for low income workers.

One form of corruption does not justify the tolerance of another.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:41 AM

So Lori, you're related to Mel Karmazin?

Old 12-17-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
So Lori, you're related to Mel Karmazin?
Guess u got me there. Yes. Very much so. Do you know him? He is my moms cousin. We were very close growing up in the 70'-90's. Until his mom passed away. Great guy really. But you would not want to cross him in the business world. Or his kids really now too.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:55 PM

I know OF him, he's pretty well known in the radio industry.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I know OF him, he's pretty well known in the radio industry.
Yeah he is. He has been in the business since he was a kid & is around 73 now. Infinity Broadcasting was his baby & where he really started getting in the business big time.I remember as a little girl going to "shadow" him at work. It was fun & that is what got me interested in that industry years ago. Now he is out of that business. He finally sort of "retired" from it. And now focuses on Autism with Autism Speaks mostly. Since his grandson was dx with it. But who knows what the future holds for him. But his family is his priority for now. As is the cause for Autism.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:35 PM

188 posts, read 161,576 times
What does all this nonsense have to due with Transit cuts?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.A View Post
What does all this nonsense have to due with Transit cuts?
Well since you keep posting your freinds disdain about "rich" people keeping him out of the towns he feels he has the right to live in. I had to post what I did earlier in this thread that I live in one of those towns he keep trashing. Saying us "rich lily white yuppies" are keeping him down & pushing people like him away.

I had to say I live in one of those towns & I am FAR from rich! He/you are PROFILING painting us all in one brush too. Yes, it works both ways Danny boy.

But that other post when Teplimey called me on what I said (see he is not responding now) ...backing me in a corner calling me out on saying who I was related to. As you well know most threads like this always get off topic. Can't avoid it...even if you tried to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island