Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 PM

11 posts, read 44,515 times

Advertisements

Anywhere in Nassau with schools and train to the city being priorties. Our baby is 6 months old, but we're thinking of the future!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM

24 posts, read 127,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilip View Post
Anywhere in Nassau with schools and train to the city being priorties. Our baby is 6 months old, but we're thinking of the future!

Thanks!

1) Plandome
2) Old Brookville
3) Garden City
4) Sea Cliff
5) Roslyn Harbor

6) Lloyds Neck - (this is in Suffolk county)

Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,399 times
Tell us more about what you would like.

Property size is the biggest variable that would help us guide you. Any religious preferences?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:29 PM

11 posts, read 44,515 times
Default ok -- more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Tell us more about what you would like.

Property size is the biggest variable that would help us guide you. Any religious preferences?
Thanks for the responses so far!

Property size does not have to be anything big -- a backyard where kids can run around would be nice. As for religion, I'm Jewish and my husband is completely non-religious (his family is Catholic but nobody goes to church). I wouldn't want to be the only Jew around but we wouldn't fit in in a super-Jewish area either.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Oh, gosh. What a nice thought that would be. I think I would buy an older home in Northport , Huntington or Cold Spring Harbor Village.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,543,677 times
Manhasset, Plandome, Garden City or RVC.........It will be tough getting to some other towns unless you don't mind an old house with work to do. Best of luck!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Property size does not have to be anything big -- a backyard where kids can run around would be nice. As for religion, I'm Jewish and my husband is completely non-religious (his family is Catholic but nobody goes to church). I wouldn't want to be the only Jew around but we wouldn't fit in in a super-Jewish area either.

Ok great details that can help us to guide you.

I would say based on these details, train line to NYC, etc

Syosset (this might really work for you, such a great train line and great schools, all religions with most being Jewish and Catholic)
Manhasset
Flower Hill in Port Washington or Manhasset
Roslyn

There are many for you to chose from with a budget of 1.1. All great areas on the North Shore, Nassau county.

There are so many other towns, but they are not that convenient when it comes to the LIRR.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,306,747 times
Default This house budget rocks...

Quote:

Huntington Harbor...technically it is Suffolk, but the trains in from Huntington are very good. Further west, my vote would be for anything with the phrase "Neck" in its name or maybe Sea Cliff.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:58 AM

185 posts, read 1,216,102 times
You may want to consider Woodbury. The Preserve is a brand new development 3800 sq ft. +... the prices have come down tremendously and the builder is including huge upgrades now as he needs to sell---The syosset train line and schools can't be beat! We have just recently bought there and are excited about our choice. Check the MLSLI.Com and you can search your price range. GOod Luck, (oh, I forgot to mention these are condo/townhomes- so they shovel and take care of the grounds---the also have a clubhouse) there is a huge common area/grassy area in the back where you can play with kids or whatever. Feel Free to talk to me in private as we had a similiar budget and concerns as you now have. Good luck.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggi813 View Post
You may want to consider Woodbury. The Preserve is a brand new development 3800 sq ft. +... the prices have come down tremendously and the builder is including huge upgrades now as he needs to sell---The syosset train line and schools can't be beat! We have just recently bought there and are excited about our choice. Check the MLSLI.Com and you can search your price range. GOod Luck, (oh, I forgot to mention these are condo/townhomes- so they shovel and take care of the grounds---the also have a clubhouse) there is a huge common area/grassy area in the back where you can play with kids or whatever. Feel Free to talk to me in private as we had a similiar budget and concerns as you now have. Good luck.
Great suggestion. I didn't suggest Woodbury b/c I wasn't sure how easily accessible the train line is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island