Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:25 PM

152 posts, read 175,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
LOL - I had a similar thing happen but I'm not sure it was a scam. Some old hunched over old man used to come into the LIRR station every day collecting old papers and bottles and cans and things. He was always dressed in rags. I thought he was homeless. One day as it was getting colder out, I bought a coat and some warm clothes and gave them to him. He looked at me funny but said thanks then stuffed them in his bag that he was always dragging around with him. Awhile after I was talking to my neighbor and mentioned the old homeless guy always hanging around and the neighbor said oh that's Mr. so and so - he lives a few blocks over. A little ecentric but harmless. LOL. Not homeless at all and owned quite a nice home too I might add. So I actually scammed myself.
Where was the train station and the man did have a nice house near to it? You say ecentric and what do you mean by it? If he is strange why do the people think so? You do think it was a scam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,316,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprayer View Post
Where was the train station and the man did have a nice house near to it? You say ecentric and what do you mean by it? If he is strange why do the people think so? You do think it was a scam?
The train station was next to the nice house that the man had. But afterwards, the man moved the nice house next to the train station.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
The train station was next to the nice house that the man had. But afterwards, the man moved the nice house next to the train station.
But in what town is the train station?

Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,316,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprayer View Post
But in what town is the train station?
It is in THE town

Old 02-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
It is in THE town
But please say what town it is. In what town is the train station?

Old 02-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 9 days ago)

19,732 posts, read 20,534,949 times
Which train? The train is what the town depends on so if we know which train we'll know which town that the train is in and then we can say the name of the town that it is in.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:06 PM

13,036 posts, read 17,965,213 times
Quote:
Wait, I know this one.

Casey leaves home at 10 a.m. and drives at an average speed of 25 mph. Marshall leaves the same house 15 minutes later, and drives the same route, but twice as fast as Casey.
At what time will Marshall pass Casey, and how far will they be from home when he does?

Casey and marshal live in the same house next to the train station so they never have to get on the train to get home.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:08 PM

13,036 posts, read 17,965,213 times
Quote:
It is in THE town
Next time I come home it is on my bucket list to visit THE town. Do you happen to know if it has a Subway like the one Lubby works at or maybe it is the one Lubby works at.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:10 PM

I dont know what everyone is saying.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:11 PM

Can chattyneighbor please say what town the train was in becaiuse the other people are not answering and dont know. Why are they saying things even?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island