Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 01:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,726,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Enforcing immigration law = fascism. The left really has learned nothing from their epic loss.

Edit: See Afrique, we have common ground after all. Just need to stop throwing the labels around.
I agree. I was just being sarcastic. Please tell me what the right learned from their epic loss after the Bush Administration? Nothing. They doubled and trippled down on fear, racism and conspiracy theories ..... And it worked. Most of us don't bother to vote. As long as we have Snapface and Instachat and reality TV nobody cares. To win in parlourtricks you must energize your base. Trump is energizing his base with fear of the other. His supporters are fine with jackboots kicking in doors at 4 am and dragging off our neighbors and their kids. I have said this many many times. Wait till they come for an angry white Christian patriotic males immigrant (legal or otherwise) wife. All hell will break loose. Calling the GOV on your neighbor is unamerican and cowardly. Period (Sean Spicer)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 02:48 PM

5,281 posts, read 4,726,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I agree. I was just being sarcastic. Please tell me what the right learned from their epic loss after the Bush Administration? Nothing. They doubled and trippled down on fear, racism and conspiracy theories ..... And it worked. Most of us don't bother to vote. As long as we have Snapface and Instachat and reality TV nobody cares. To win in parlourtricks you must energize your base. Trump is energizing his base with fear of the other. His supporters are fine with jackboots kicking in doors at 4 am and dragging off our neighbors and their kids. I have said this many many times. Wait till they come for an angry white Christian patriotic males immigrant (legal or otherwise) wife. All hell will break loose. Calling the GOV on your neighbor is unamerican and cowardly. Period (Sean Spicer)
No one is "kicking in doors" at 4 am to arrest illegal aliens without a warrant. That's not how it works. Stop with the hyperbole. This fantasy of jackbooted thugs breaking down doors at all hours of the night to arrest a family of illegals with no criminal record is pure fiction.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:57 PM

You don't need to believe me and my tinfoil hat. Believe the Ice agents themselves.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/2...ons-trump.html

Old 02-26-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
No one is "kicking in doors" at 4 am to arrest illegal aliens without a warrant. That's not how it works. Stop with the hyperbole. This fantasy of jackbooted thugs breaking down doors at all hours of the night to arrest a family of illegals with no criminal record is pure fiction.
Kelly Anne is that you????? Please stop gaslighting me.... Thanks

Old 02-26-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
You don't need to believe me and my tinfoil hat. Believe the Ice agents themselves.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/2...ons-trump.html
Try reading your own article:

A supervisor in Northern California described a typical operation, with teams of at least five members rising before dawn, meeting as early as 4 a.m. to make arrests before their targets depart for work. To avoid distressing families and children, the agents prefer to apprehend people outside their homes, approaching them as soon as they step onto a public sidewalk and, once identified, placing them in handcuffs.

ICE Agents like any LE officer can't just "kick down a door" without a judicial warrant, which are extremely rare when arresting illegals (unless they are a wanted criminal alien). Typically all they have is an administrative arrest warrant (which dose not grant them access to enter a home) all they can do is knock and ask to be let in, or wait outside for the alien to come out. Again stop with the hyperbole, and quoting the nonsense lies from activist groups with an agenda.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Have to give you credit here. Your quote about Snapchat etc is dead on. Most people can care less what is going on in the country as long as Facebook is up and the iPhone works.

Last edited by peconic117; 02-26-2017 at 03:25 PM..

Old 02-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Try reading your own article:

A supervisor in Northern California described a typical operation, with teams of at least five members rising before dawn, meeting as early as 4 a.m. to make arrests before their targets depart for work. To avoid distressing families and children, the agents prefer to apprehend people outside their homes, approaching them as soon as they step onto a public sidewalk and, once identified, placing them in handcuffs.

ICE Agents like any LE officer can't just "kick down a door" without a judicial warrant, which are extremely rare when arresting illegals (unless they are a wanted criminal alien). Typically all they have is an administrative arrest warrant (which dose not grant them access to enter a home) all they can do is knock and ask to be let in, or wait outside for the alien to come out. Again stop with the hyperbole, and quoting the nonsense lies from activist groups with an agenda.
And please tell me how YOU know that they are not spinning to the public? I'm sure the immigrants who are detained and arrested in raids are sooooooo happy about how humane it was handled. I have SEEN raids done on local businesses here in NY and it ain't pretty. The roll up and storm the place . I wouldn't want to be on the other end of it. Papers please

Old 02-26-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Have to give you credit here. Your quote about Snapchat etc is dead on. Most people can care less what is going on in the country as long as Facebook is up and the iPhone works.
Thank you. My own family has to be dragged to the poles kicking and screaming yet they complain about trump, Clinton , bush, Obama, insert name...... Yet everyone has a device in their face at all times. None can name their local Congress man or has a clue how Gov works. How many people here on these forums howl and holler when. Taxes or fees or some new law goes into place? Yet the same old feeble men and women are at the poles during midterms and referendums.....

Old 02-26-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
And please tell me how YOU know that they are not spinning to the public? I'm sure the immigrants who are detained and arrested in raids are sooooooo happy about how humane it was handled. I have SEEN raids done on local businesses here in NY and it ain't pretty. The roll up and storm the place . I wouldn't want to be on the other end of it. Papers please
No one is saying ICE is handing out flowers and shaking hands when they make arrests, but they are also heavily scrutinized and sued all the time. They also still have to follow the constitution and due process, there are strict rules about how they can make arrests both by law and policy. Bottom line is no one is kicking doors down at 4am to arrest a run or the mill illegal unless there is a warrant and a very good reason. Believe what you want though I'm not going to explain how I know anything, but if you want to believe that they are trumps personal storm troopers operating without any constraint than so be it.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you. My own family has to be dragged to the poles kicking and screaming yet they complain about trump, Clinton , bush, Obama, insert name...... Yet everyone has a device in their face at all times. None can name their local Congress man or has a clue how Gov works. How many people here on these forums howl and holler when. Taxes or fees or some new law goes into place? Yet the same old feeble men and women are at the poles during midterms and referendums.....
So very true and well said. It's scary how many people in this country aren't engaged at all and can frankly care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island