Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 01:31 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times

Advertisements

My wife brought it home from Hicksville and I have to admit is is really good. Way better than some McNuggets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player01 View Post
Wow - nobody you know in your entire life? You must not know very many people.

You say you don't condemn it or "hate" yet you go on to say it's a "perverted lifestyle."

I believe this started out with you saying you would patronize Chick-fil-A solely based on the owner giving money to anti-gay hate groups. That seems like somewhat of a condemnation, don't you think?
I know thousands and thousands of people and I do not know a single person who has entered a same sex relationship. That said, of course I know someone through someone who knows someone but I have absolute zero friends or acquaintances that are gay. That is no lie and I have lived on Long Island since I was 4 years old back in the mid 60s.

I can say I don't hate or condemn but still feel that it is not natural and is a perverted lifestyle. The two are completely independent. If I ever met someone who was in that lifestyle, I would have a regular conversation with them and treat them no differently. I can think about them what I wish, as they can about me.

My original post was just to say that it is refreshing to see a company take a stance on such a controversial issue and not care what anyone thinks. If I found out that all American are pro gay, it surely won't stop me from eating their Double Doubles and Fries. Take a chill pill.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:29 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
I have gay friends, male and female.
If they weren't my friends, I would probably not like them at all.
Too bitter, too needy. Too catty.
Always complaining about everything and they feel like the world owes them.
And THEIR friends are even worse.
Don't know what this has to do with chicken but whatever.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:49 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I have gay friends, male and female.
If they weren't my friends, I would probably not like them at all.
Too bitter, too needy. Too catty.
Always complaining about everything and they feel like the world owes them.
And THEIR friends are even worse.
Don't know what this has to do with chicken but whatever.
This thread was supposed to be about Chicken and has taken a turn that has nothing what so ever to do with chicken. I also have gay friends both male and female. I can't believe any person doesn't know at least one gay individual. Why was this even brought up?? It's about food not lifestyles.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:09 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Gay people don't eat chicken perhaps?

Old 04-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
This thread was supposed to be about Chicken and has taken a turn that has nothing what so ever to do with chicken. I also have gay friends both male and female. I can't believe any person doesn't know at least one gay individual. Why was this even brought up?? It's about food not lifestyles.
I don't know a gay person because it just is not as common as you think it is. I have known most of my friends since high school. I have met tons through employment, college, etc. I am not saying I never saw a gay person. I can say that someone I know at my job is gay but he is a co worker, not a friend. I don't hang out with anyone from work. Let's just say that anyone I was ever friends with, or friends through them were never gay. I have never hung out with a gay person. None of my friends have any gay friends so it never comes up. Is that so hard to believe?

Old 04-02-2017, 05:54 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I don't know a gay person because it just is not as common as you think it is. I have known most of my friends since high school. I have met tons through employment, college, etc. I am not saying I never saw a gay person. I can say that someone I know at my job is gay but he is a co worker, not a friend. I don't hang out with anyone from work. Let's just say that anyone I was ever friends with, or friends through them were never gay. I have never hung out with a gay person. None of my friends have any gay friends so it never comes up. Is that so hard to believe?
Yes it is. You must live in a closed minded world to think that being gay is not common. I have a friend I have known since HS and I knew she was gay then. It never came up until years later when she told me. I told her I already knew and that I was fine with it. I still don't understand why you felt the need to bring up gays in a thread that was about chicken and food.

Last edited by lubby; 04-02-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 04-02-2017, 07:13 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I asked what was so special about their chicken because we actually tried it (including their prices) and it was not much special. Then you asked me specifically what I expected since it's all fast food.

Now you're very descriptively telling me it is different because it's "superior" "by a very large margin". Like other restaurants don't have $5 chicken sandwiches that are pretty good since it's all fast food. Sounds legit.
yup, millions of other people are wrong and you're right. Sounds legit.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:16 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
could it be you lack the life experience, awareness, and emotional intelligence to even spot someone of that orientation? You realize they all don't walk around walking/talking like Richard Simmons, right?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:21 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,057 times
Who cares about whether gays eat there or not. All I know is when I'm eating my spicy deluxe chicken sandwich and sheriffs, nurses and landscapers alike all come in to dine the place is doing something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island