Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 08:22 AM

280 posts, read 286,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I was being facetious. Did you notice I was responding to someone else's post, and all the QUESTION MARKS?
That is just not helpful. It is rubbing salt in the wounds of a guy that is looking for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM

4 posts, read 2,653 times
Thanks for all the comments, Im in Michigan, property was vacant land never farmed meaning no field tiles, not wetland, the exterior perimiter of the house has typical drain tiles that conduct through the footings to the inside of the house under the basement where they tie into solid pipes that run at a good pitch to the sump basin. there are 2 pumps in the pit, one runs all the time and the second is mounted higher and will only come into play if they lower pump fails.

the thing im confused about is the solid pipes conducting water to the sump pit are, as i said solid and therefore cannot conduct any water from the inside, or from under the basement floor if you will. the other this is that these interior pipes DO NOT go all the way around the inside perimitor, they only cover approx. 75%, but im not sure if would matter anyway because as i said they are solid and only move water from the outside to the pit.

the only way i have found to SLOW the flooding is to pump water from the floor drain by sticking a hose down inside it and pumping to the sump pit.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 AM

clearly i have not figured out how to use this forum properly, i intended to reply so all could see, my apologies. any advice from anyone is very much appreciated, i have sent demand letter as a lawyer advised, have TONS of documentation and photos. the township engineer says the builder must make the home water tight. i dont not want to feed lawyers, hoping for resolution from builder, he has all the skills to install second sump with interior drain system at the most effective cost using his own people. hopefully he come around and helps because the only people who make money in lawsuits are the lawyers.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,538,613 times
Sorry Mike, I am not familiar with soil conditions in Michigan. We construct thing differently on Long Island due to our unique soil conditions.

Do you have the plans?

I would post this on a Michigan site or speak to a local PE or builder.

NY is a "buyer beware" state, is Michigan?

Old 04-07-2017, 09:00 AM

280 posts, read 286,315 times
Here is the NOLO link for Michigan. By all means notify your builder in writing certified.

New Home Construction Defects in Michigan: Your Rights Against the Builder | Nolo.com

Old 04-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Thank you for the advice.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinx View Post
That is just not helpful. It is rubbing salt in the wounds of a guy that is looking for help.
You're so cranky you're completely lost. I was not addressing the OP at all. What about the cops and teachers whose feelings you're hurting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: