Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:09 PM

755 posts, read 1,073,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Really? Are gangmembers now buying homes in manhasset for good schools to send their kids to?
With all the drugs that they're selling, I wouldn't be shocked if they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 06:13 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,821,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveithateit View Post
When someone has proof that this is actually happening, it would be good to discuss this topic further.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:20 PM

The two Counties need to setup special task forces to combat before this becomes an issue. Coumo sending a couple of state troopers isn't enough. Although it is a start.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:25 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,878,583 times
Quote:
really? Is there some kind of invisible fence keeping them in. And they're all wearing some type of shock collars when they try to cross it? It's foolish to believe they won't spread while they look to add 'turf'. I'd also have to assume they are a major player in the drug problem here. Armed home invasions seem to be popping up everywhere, no neighborhood is safe from that.
The real players in the drug problem on LI are all the junkies. A large percentage being normal everyday legal citizens. These junkies are also a major player in the home invasions and armed robberies. Christie is on it though , don't worry.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 PM

5,277 posts, read 4,722,474 times
Quote:
The two Counties need to setup special task forces to combat before this becomes an issue. Coumo sending a couple of state troopers isn't enough. Although it is a start.
There has been a task force for years to deal with this, the LI FBI gang task force. It is comprised of agents from several agencies and local police, they are responsible for most of the major cases against MS over the last decade.

Also MS on LI is not some sophisticated drug selling originization. In fact they don't make much off drugs at all, they kill over stupid things like disrespect. Many work regular day laborer-type jobs during the day.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Many work regular day laborer-type jobs during the day.
Now that's scary.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
MS-13 first came to America through Los Angeles. Back in the 80's I owned an apartment building in a relatively seedy area of the Valley. You would always see the MS-13 graffiti on buildings. One landlord a couple blocks over would paint over it whenever it occurred. They warned him to leave it alone, but he didn't listen so one day they shot him dead. MS-13 will kill you for a quarter, or a laugh. These are some "bad hombres".
Residents erase graffiti, clean up Brentwood, Central Islip | Newsday

If anyone has access to newsday who can post the text of this article, it would be nice to read a feel good story. Especially after what JustMike77 posted above.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:39 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,215,009 times
Quote:
They don't have much to do with selling drugs. MS13 aren't some kingpin type gangsters you know from TV. They're poor, uneducated thugs who barely scrape by. Like was mentioned earlier, many of them work menial day-laborer type jobs.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 8 days ago)

19,728 posts, read 20,525,579 times
Quote:
Now that's scary.
I've actually worked with many of them over the years.
Weird because they were very respectful and hard working.
Never a problem with any of them, but it was strange knowing that off the clock they were out murdering and raping and such.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:24 AM

5,476 posts, read 7,056,857 times
Holy Crap! The landscapers were just here Saturday and I just complained to the guy doing the weed whacking in my yard that he wasn't doing a neat enough job. I hope he doesn't come back now with his gang and whack me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island