Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:53 PM

12 posts, read 9,577 times

Advertisements

BTW I am NOT squatting!!! You people got everything all wrong, I never went one month without paying rent!!! Maybe I worded it wrong. All I wanted to know is if I ever got thrown out (IF) how long can you go during an eviction process and still live at your apartment and not pay rent?
What I mean is: I'm sure people who are going through an eviction don't pay rent during the process, right? So if by any chance I got evicted, how long does it go thru the court system for it to be finalized?? ( I heard people don't pay rent during the eviction process)
I was never asking about squatting or trying to live rent free!! And I would never want to get evicted, I was just asking just in case for future reference!
I just wanted to know how long an eviction process normally lasts so I know how long I can save while I still live at my apartment! Thats it! I didn't think I had to explain what I meant on this site, I thought everybody on here would know what the hell I meant. But instead I have everybody on my case accusing me of trying to squat. Smh.

But this problem is behind me, all of my issues have been resolved. Me and my landllorr are fine now and I'm paying rent on time.

Last edited by TiffyRose; 05-24-2017 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 AM

33 posts, read 44,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyRose View Post

But this problem is behind me, all of my issues have been resolved. Me and my landllorr are fine now and I'm paying rent on time.

Glad it all worked out. You seem like you have a good relationship with the LL. I have had a tenant for almost 15 years. Its a small studio apartment. I have never raised the rent. Awesome tenant that has now become family. We both know we have it good and if there are any issues that arise, we are just honest and talk about it with each other... If you have a good relationship, its worth working it out and staying - you never know what you would end up with if you have to move

Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,807,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyRose View Post

But this problem is behind me, all of my issues have been resolved. Me and my landllord are fine now and I'm paying rent on time.
Glad it worked out, and yes, people on here are tough and come from different perspectives (and some are flat out A-holez and proud of it). However, you should read your original post. Basically blamed your landlord for everything and yourself and boyfriend for nothing.

After everyone pointed it out, you now sing a completely different tune about you and your landlord, all worked out, all rent paid no problem, all working, boyfriend no longer mentioned, AC's not mentioned...basically a completely different story.

We can only go on what info you present, and you presented a story that made you look bad.

Glad it worked out. Buy your landlord a cup of coffee.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:10 AM

280 posts, read 284,444 times
Buy your landlord a cup of coffee.

Better yet, just pay your rent and don't interact with your landlord personally.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:11 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,187,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Glad it worked out, and yes, people on here are tough and come from different perspectives (and some are flat out A-holez and proud of it). However, you should read your original post. Basically blamed your landlord for everything and yourself and boyfriend for nothing.

After everyone pointed it out, you now sing a completely different tune about you and your landlord, all worked out, all rent paid no problem, all working, boyfriend no longer mentioned, AC's not mentioned...basically a completely different story.

We can only go on what info you present, and you presented a story that made you look bad.

Glad it worked out. Buy your landlord a cup of coffee.
That's why I call BS on her entire post & especially her last "end game" Having worked in the rental area for last several years we see her type everyday. Crying my apt I have lived in is an "illegal" place when it gets tough for them. Also the popular one now my LL rented to us & now we have to move fast as home is in foreclosure & she never told us. Well be smart..check before you rent.

Then there is the big one now. The ILLEGALS! They tell us they are here legally when we ask when they inquire about apt or come to us looking for one. Saying they have a work VISA. But come up with all sorts of excuses as to why they can't show it to us or send us a copy. They are looking for either a cheap room for $500 or less month CASH. Or a big house! Our bet is the house was going to be for all their ILLEGAL buddies to destroy!Funny stories we hear from these people everyday now. As friends just purchased lots more properties at Auction so they have many more rentals for us to work with now. At least 90% that come to us daily are denied. A whoppping 80% are ILLEGALS! And that say's a lot!

She could not say the real truth about her "story". Bet it is a 1 person only agreement (especially at that price) & she has her BF's now (seems that changes often) & she wants to move them all in as 1 leaves....another comes. And LL does not like that. And she can't find another apt/LL that will approve her. Or that she can afford as 1 person on paper. And the BF's would not qualify or get approved for one reason or another. Now bet she will fight me & not admit I am 100% right. Easy to do on the internet with strangers. Why not go to her friends or family? Right....because they would know the TRUTH.

Because at even $1,200 month you will not find decent rental that will OK 2 people. My bet is she gets whatever she can get OK'ed for as 1 person $$ wise. Then moves her BF in without telling LL. See this EVERY single day. And even if they try to find place for 2 people. My bet is they can't afford the rent price. As for 2 people the min for decent place is at least approaching min of 1,600 now. And for the most part if it is not a legal multi-family with more than 3 units the rental WILL be illegal. I know several people with many legal & a few illegal rentals. Prices are only going higher I was told. This way when I see someone looking I know what to tell them.

That's the LI rental market for you. The LEGAL rentals in buildings & complexes will be far more than the OP can afford. As all that is usually included in the rent for those places is the rent pretty much. Everything else will be extra. You have to open your OWN utility accts in those. As well as cable if you want it. And they require full credit & background checks for ALL occupants. Not just the person on the lease. Bet this OP can't & her "others" can't pass those checks at all.

In any case good luck to OP. Don't see it ending good for her/them. Or their LL if this is a true story.

Last edited by loribell38; 05-25-2017 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 05:38 PM

11,556 posts, read 12,574,170 times
If the OP had bought a new a/c as the landlord requested, then the tenant would be able to keep them and take them with her when she moved? The cost of a small a/c is surely less than an increase on a year's rent.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM

Lmao everybody's "betting" and you're all wrong. No this wasn't a one person rental actually, as I stated I moved in with someone in the year 2010. It was rented to a couple. I kicked my boyfriend out when we broke up, that's really it. The next boyfriend who moved in was the year 2014, and now 2017. That doesn't seem like a lot of boyfriends to me lol.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:06 PM

I was only stating the issues about the apartment to see if it was my landlords responsibility to take care of. And I guess I have my answers now. And why is it so hard to believe that everything is resolved? Do issues like this usually last a long time? I was just asking a few questions, I was capable of paying the rent, so I did. There really wasn't any problems between the landlord and I to begin with, I was just upset that she took away the cable and raised the rent. But it is understandable now why she raised it ..and I paid the rent,as always. Case closed.
I mean I did write a post on here for a reason, I had a lot of you bashing me tell me I was wrong. So I guess I really shouldn't be complaining about much anyway. I'm just going to pay the rent like I always did and move forward

Old 05-25-2017, 06:12 PM

And No i haven't even looked for another apartment, so I don't know why you would tell me nobody else would approve me. I haven't even went apartment shopping since I moved here Lol funny how you all become experts and psychics on my life based on a few questions on my original post LOL Lmfaoo. I suggest you answer the questions that were asked and not assume or judge people's life because it sounds pretty ridiculous.

Loribel38 - so if I judge you based on your long post, I'm going to say you are a cat lady who never goes out, has horrible taste in music, probably has no children, you sound like someone who has trouble even finding a date dating sites, I bet you have so much trouble you actually try to look for dates on this site but you must get rejected all the time , I BET ! Lmao

Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 PM

It's been nice chatting guys... but I don't spend all day and night chatting on this for my recreational use. I know you all have no lives and you use this site for your pleasure but I created this account for that one and only post. If you really want to take a look at my life just add me on Facebook -Tiffy Rose...lol. Byeee now. Have fun bashing me while I'm gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island