Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,095,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
My friends moved from Queens to the 3V Club and they LOVE it. There are holiday parties for the families, a Christmas party and parade, and Halloween is great fun there. (The one celebrity I mentioned who lives there decorates his house intensely!) There are many families with young children.

What are the typical lot sizes in the 3V club? I love it!!

And what town is that, Setauket, East Setauket, S. Setauket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 02:35 PM

44 posts, read 205,578 times
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey Hull View Post
Echo18

Welocme to Oyster Bay Cove/Syosset
Thanks. I'll stay under my rock. I have a coworker who wants to move to Oyster Bay. Is she in for a surprise.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,642,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
What are the typical lot sizes in the 3V club? I love it!!

And what town is that, Setauket, East Setauket, S. Setauket?
Average lot size 1/2 acre. There are several styles of homes; my friend's is similar to the one in the upper $800 range I posted.

It is considered East Setauket, NY 11733. Most Setauket, NY 11733 addresses are further north toward 25A.

South Setauket (Centereach Zip 11720) is on the south side of 347.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 PM

70 posts, read 271,862 times
Echo18

Yes tell your coworker she is in for a surprise. We are actually Oyster Bay Cove with Syosset schools. Not sure about Oyster Bay. May be a little different. Not sure.
Good Luck to your friend.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM

OhBeeHave

You are a wealth of information. I read the school rating on GreatSchools.net I have been using them when I need to get a quiick check on a school. However the best way is to actually go to the school for a tour and spend some time there. Looking & Learning......... Anyway we are going to take a drive tomorrow to check out this area and some of the other suggestions. Thank you so much for all your help.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey Hull View Post
OhBeeHave

You are a wealth of information. I read the school rating on GreatSchools.net I have been using them when I need to get a quiick check on a school. However the best way is to actually go to the school for a tour and spend some time there. Looking & Learning......... Anyway we are going to take a drive tomorrow to check out this area and some of the other suggestions. Thank you so much for all your help.
You're welcome.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM

Kathy,

I got your email. Thank you. We have 2 homes that we are going to see. Im going to double check the school information as well as go on a visit. I like what you said about being able to appreciate the aesthetics. Yes thats important to us too. Will go on MLS and check out Poquott. Please if you think of anything you want to add. We would love hearing from you. I will let you know about the homes later tomorrow night after we see them.
Tracey

Old 03-18-2008, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,549 times
Default Low taxes nice town

Everyone seems to forget to Mention Hauppauge (Town of Islip) when speaking of a nice town, good school district and low taxes. I have lived here for 31 years, I bought my childhood home from my parents because no where could give me the same quality of house with low taxes. when you cross the town lines, smithtown's taxes double mine. And Smithtown has nothing more to offer then Hauppauge (my husband grew up in Smithtown). You have to remember that the industrial park pays most of our school taxes.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasha114 View Post
Everyone seems to forget to Mention Hauppauge (Town of Islip) when speaking of a nice town, good school district and low taxes. I have lived here for 31 years, I bought my childhood home from my parents because no where could give me the same quality of house with low taxes. when you cross the town lines, smithtown's taxes double mine. And Smithtown has nothing more to offer then Hauppauge (my husband grew up in Smithtown). You have to remember that the industrial park pays most of our school taxes.
I'm sorry -- I never thought of Hauppauge in that sense -- I always think of the Industrial parks, not the houses.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:38 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,493,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'm sorry -- I never thought of Hauppauge in that sense -- I always think of the Industrial parks, not the houses.
That's what I always think of too, but a couple times I've stumbled across really nice neighborhoods off of Motor Parkway. Hauppauge is really big, I've never seen most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island