Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 PM

9 posts, read 31,134 times

Advertisements

[
Manorville is nice ,Very country like

quote=familyguy24;3103050]hi all,this is my first post.i just wanted to know what you all know about manorville? my wife and i found a 5 bedroom home for just under $600,000 on a full acre.the house has been completly redone,new kitchens and baths,floors windows and doors.its pretty much move in condition.i just don't know very much about the area or surrounding towns being we are coming from queens.thanks any info would be a great help[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 04:54 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,174 times
Manorville was and still is real nice. I wanted to buy out there years ago when it was still cheap. It was actually rural then, but now it is the end of the line for suburban development on Long Island. The homes are big and new, but the taxes are very high. Also, if you work anywhere in NYC your commute would be incredibly long, but still a better option than moving to PA for a similar lifestyle.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:53 AM

278 posts, read 703,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastBeefJackson View Post
Ive been in Manorville in the morning, if it werent for the pine and oak trees you'd think you were in a different country.
1000's of people in baseball caps at the curbs (on road 111) in traffic cat calling women in passing cars, approaching contractor trucks.
Riverhead and Flanders is no beauty also
.....No thanks !
you're kidding me right? are you sure you've ever been to Manorville

Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 AM

432 posts, read 1,593,986 times
I think he means Farmingville, its happens alot.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 AM

8 posts, read 73,810 times
I've lived in Manorville my entire life, and that's almost two decades, so I've watched it change a lot... True, there are LOTS of new developments, there's really no denying that, but you still don't feel like you're in Suburbia. Lots of said developments are shrouded in woods and really can't be seen from just driving around, even in winter. One must remember that the Geographic area of Manorville is HUGE and that the areas with the development are comparatively small. there are still plenty of really secluded places perfect for hiking or, well, anything. And lots of Manorville's land is protected, and can never be built on, Such as the Robert Cushman Murphy Preserve.
True, there's not too much for kids, but there is very little, almost nonexistent, Violence or danger.
Overall I think anybody would be happy with Manorville, from the Rural type to the Suburbanite.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:42 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,481 times
Manorville, like many of the surrounding communities out there, seem to exist in a "Twilight Zone" of potential.

Over the years it seems to have had several starts and stops to it's growth, being touted as the next "Dix Hills" and so on. The problem as this thread points out is that it is somewhat in the middle of nowhere, it is not Huntington township which is closer to the action an probably a wealthier township, and the Hamptons and North Fork aren't all that much further under certain circumstances (proximity to Sunrise or L.I.E. etc.)

Also, aren't there "Plume" issues for parts of Manorville as it situates below Brookhaven Lab?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,743 times
I like Manorville but high taxes (In the new developments), mosquitos (Lots of 'em) and future development are concerns.
On paper (We love paper, don't we?) Manorville is a tremendous failure from a property value perspective. It saw amazing value increase during the boom and equally amazing decrease now that we're in the bust.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Manorville is like Dix Hills East.

I like it plenty.

Crooks

Old 07-24-2009, 02:45 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I like Manorville but high taxes (In the new developments), mosquitos (Lots of 'em) and future development are concerns.
Don't forget the stink from the compost farms in warm weather, depending on where you live and the wind direction.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:48 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
Don't forget the stink from the compost farms in warm weather, depending on where you live and the wind direction.
SORRY, FORGOT ABOUT THE STINK. Still doesn't come close to what the entire state of Vermont smells like in the summertime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island