Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM

305 posts, read 195,881 times

Advertisements

number/amount of Government Military Bases located in the RED STATES which result in enormous payrolls.
This also is calculated into the amount of Federal dollars received by the states.

The Service Chiefs have identified i want to say in excess of 20% capacity which would mean closure/BRAC.

Senators/Congressmen are traditionally against their closure because it is J-O-B-S and high revenue.
So we continue on the merry path of over capacity.

The A-10 continues to live because they are based in New Hampshire for one and Senator/Congressman Leahy New Hampshire is therefore opposed to their retirement.

Same same why we're spending multiple hundreds of millions for F-35 because their supplier base is i want to say across all 50 states-- All have a vested interest in continuance of a program that is over-priced and aircraft that underperforms.

But I digress. Bottom line NYS few bases, fewer manufacturers receiving federal dollars also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 PM

307 posts, read 636,521 times
I think if you really dive into this tax reform, the people that benefit most are the ultra-wealthy, that stand to inherit large sums of money. I can think of four people in particular that match that qualification. But I digress- I'm sure it will be good for everyone, like fox news keeps telling me.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:11 PM

731 posts, read 723,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1973 View Post
I think if you really dive into this tax reform, the people that benefit most are the ultra-wealthy, that stand to inherit large sums of money. I can think of four people in particular that match that qualification. But I digress- I'm sure it will be good for everyone, like fox news keeps telling me.
Four? Oh yea...Mr. $ Mrs. William Jefferson Clinton and Mr. $ Mrs. Barack Hussein Obama.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:25 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,795,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Four? Oh yea...Mr. $ Mrs. William Jefferson Clinton and Mr. $ Mrs. Barack Hussein Obama.
And also Mr. Donald Trump and Mr. Rush Limbaugh, etc. This is an important financial matter that has nothing to do with Clinton, Obama, etc . Would be nice for once having a serious convo based on facts and no partisan politicking. Lots of rich people benefit and don't necessarily agree with it.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:33 PM

307 posts, read 636,521 times
Quote:
But its not their tax plan, is it. So why are we talking about them.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
It's always the same partisan drivel from righties where someone blames the Clintons and Obama during a discussion about current GOP politics. Just as annoying when lefties blame Trump for LI's dysfunctional tax catastrophe.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:51 PM

57,200 posts, read 26,160,308 times
This is a huge transfer of taxes from NY and CA to places like Florida, Texas and other states that have low real estate taxes and moderately low income. The question will the increase in the AMT compensate for that loss for Long Island.

I don't believe any congressmen from LI voted for this but there were a few from upstate.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:57 PM

731 posts, read 723,950 times
Quote:
Because all you and mankinko do is whine about Trump. In just 3 years and two months his first term will be up.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Because all you and mankinko do is whine about Trump. In just 3 years and two months his first term will be up.
Chalky, I whine mostly about the taxes here. None of that can be blamed on Trump and it's been a problem for decades. Whether he leaves early or late it's still a LI problem.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:01 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,024,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Who cares anymore. We are on our way to full blown communism anyway.
To quote Jerry Stiller, "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island