Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 03:38 PM

731 posts, read 725,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Bayshore. Bam.
Bay Shore two words-nice restaurants. Patchogue..great bars but no parking. Huntington...better bars...hot women looking for drs. Babylon..nice but too small. Sayville...LGBT Heaven. Hop on LIRR-one hour Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 04:30 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Islandia cant be too far from Manhattan. That is where everyone in the burbs goes to anyways for night life.
Islandia is kinda far from Manhattan, it must suck going from there to Islandia while drunk.

And I would say most people on Long Island go to local nighlife hubs. The ones near me, I hate, so I go to Brooklyn and Manhattan when I can.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Bay Shore two words-nice restaurants. Patchogue..great bars but no parking. Huntington...better bars...hot women looking for drs. Babylon..nice but too small. Sayville...LGBT Heaven. Hop on LIRR-one hour Manhattan.
Patchogue is more like 1.5 hours from Manhattan

I'm in Baldwin and it's 50 minutes, and you also have to factor in the ubers/cabs to Lower Manhattan (as that's where most of the action is)

Old 11-23-2017, 09:27 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
I once started a thread about same topic. I asked if Hofstra or SUNY Stony Brook having an area where all the kids hang out. People said no such place existed. Is there even a large young singles scene on Long Island? If so where do they all live? Or do they just live at home?

Old 11-24-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I once started a thread about same topic. I asked if Hofstra or SUNY Stony Brook having an area where all the kids hang out. People said no such place existed. Is there even a large young singles scene on Long Island? If so where do they all live? Or do they just live at home?
Rockville Centre and Long Beach have a lot of nightlife, but it's really not my thing. A lot of singles I assume, but I don't see much hooking up. I'd rather either go to the local pubs in my town, or when I have the money go to Brooklyn or Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island