U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-07-2008, 08:06 AM

4 posts, read 6,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Can someone explain to me why I am seeing hundreds of landscaping trucks each day? It seems the minute spring arrives they are out, using leafblowers, often more than 5 at once, giving me a headache. What is there to blow around? LI'ers have to be the laziest people around. Not many people must be struggling if they can hire a bunch of amigos to blow dirt around.
Please dont hire landscapers. They use illegals, and you bring them to LI when you hire them. You make the buses more jam packed up so I have to walk home, and contibute to noise and air pollution.
Do your own damn lawn!

WOW John, I find it amazing that behind the screen you can call the landscapers AMIGOS and categorize them all as illegals - what would you call them if they were all white? or black? I personally dislike the abuse that hard working immigrants (you don't know if they're illegal or not) are subject to every day. They are not 3rd class americans, if they're legal then they're just like you and your family. God only hope that you never have to leave your native home and have to work for pennies every day in a strange place where everyone considers you nothing. These are human beings and deserve respect just like anyone else. You mention that your bus is packed, how much can you really blame on immigration, what else did you have a bad day? Come on...

Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM

13,565 posts, read 23,058,481 times
Thread is closed. This is not the correct forum to discuss illegal immigration.

Post link not copyrighted material

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island