U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,954,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Almost the same pkg except 2 tvs and we were just raised from $123 to $151. Huge increase over the course of a year, let alone 2. You're gonna get hiked!
I always tell them I am switching to Optimum and they somehow miraculously find a better bundle price.

When I had Optimum and told them I was cancelling and switching to Verizon they were like: "Ok, what date would you like your cancellation effective?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 06:49 PM

8,509 posts, read 11,388,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I always tell them I am switching to Optimum and they somehow miraculously find a better bundle price.

When I had Optimum and told them I was cancelling and switching to Verizon they were like: "Ok, what date would you like your cancellation effective?"
Nope I tried that and they actually went to Optimum's website and saw that it wasn't that far off. It was $140 vs. $150 FIOS. They wanted to make sure I was comparing apples to apples. Altice One makes it pricey now even as a new customer. What gets you with FIOS is the $20 in taxes.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,917,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveithateit View Post
Fios triple play always seems to be cheaper compared to a double play.
Yup and that's why I will have one. It's cheaper to keep it with my plan and Its an added phone line just in case you need it. I hardly every get any calls and I never answer it.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:18 PM

9,585 posts, read 11,172,323 times
Quote:

Ha ha! Yup.
Then shortly after the switch Optimum started blowing up my mailbox with "please come back" offers.
And, the sales guy come around once a month.
This went on the entire time I had fios. Years.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:23 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,954,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Ha ha! Yup.
Then shortly after the switch Optimum started blowing up my mailbox with "please come back" offers.
And, the sales guy come around once a month.
This went on the entire time I had fios. Years.
I get optimum mailings every single day. I started to write on the envelope "return to sender". Then they got smart and sent mailings with no return address.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:07 PM
exm

1,632 posts, read 509,108 times
Quote:
I know, but just fed up with telemarketers. I keep the volume on off and check messages once a week and it's all BS calls.
Try no more robo. It works great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or