U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

816 posts, read 235,582 times

Advertisements

Arrow is the company who was pushing the "great deal" of their $700/year contract package and quoted almost $600 for doing anything without one. The fellow I spoke with on the phone had a definite attitude, supercilious and a bit arrogant as if I knew nothing about the subject of pest control (a 100% wrong assumption on his part.)

Kane is the company that doesn't go into unfinished attics anymore. The lady I spoke to was very nice about it and not at all pushy. She explained that in the recent past they've had a tech accidentally step through somebody's ceiling, and also they will not use any sprays in unfinished attics because of the risk of the moisture damaging ceilings, insulation, wiring, ductwork etc. So they no longer go into unfinished attics, not even to set traps etc. She apologized for not being able to assist me with the issue of ants coming from that location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

79 posts, read 35,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Big difference between a total yard spray and a barrier treatment for ants and other bugs entering your home. Never had an issue with barrier sprays after they dried.

Aside from eliminating standing water I agree there’s not much else you can do with mosquitos.
Oh I agree regarding those kind of barrier sprays around your foundation for ants, etc. Your decision to do that is not impacting your neighbors if they are against that sort of thing.

What I detest is the yard perimeter mosquito pesticide sprays. They spray that with those modified backpack leaf blowers. It's a perimeter spray so it's right on the edge of my property when my neighbor has it done. DEC law says the spray cannot enter my yard. How can they guarantee that when using a leaf blower type device inches from the property line? One time we were not notified and my pregnant wife was inside with the windows open as nextdoor got sprayed.

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

42 posts, read 26,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
Arrow is the company who was pushing the "great deal" of their $700/year contract package and quoted almost $600 for doing anything without one. The fellow I spoke with on the phone had a definite attitude, supercilious and a bit arrogant as if I knew nothing about the subject of pest control (a 100% wrong assumption on his part.)
My experience with Arrow was totally different. They were nice and acted the same day. Also the problem was resolved the same day. I tried another one before Arrow; Arrow was much better and got the job done.

Old Today, 10:08 AM

816 posts, read 235,582 times
The difference may well be in the Arrow offices. We're in Suffolk so that's the one I called, assuming that each of the three (NYC Metro, Nassau, and Suffolk) handles their own territory and doesn't overlap.

Old Today, 08:26 PM

42 posts, read 26,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
The difference may well be in the Arrow offices. We're in Suffolk so that's the one I called, assuming that each of the three (NYC Metro, Nassau, and Suffolk) handles their own territory and doesn't overlap.
Maybe. I called the one in lynbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island