U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:54 PM

1,156 posts, read 855,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It's next to Uniondale which is like Hempstead. Sorta.
E. Meadow (to me) personifies drab dated LI suburbia. It's got nothing to distinguish it aside from the big drab public hospital. I guess it's okay if you want an older cape, ranch or whatever. It's better nabe than Hempstead or Uniondale. Meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 06:04 PM

9,584 posts, read 11,167,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
E. Meadow (to me) personifies drab dated LI suburbia. It's got nothing to distinguish it aside from the big drab public hospital. I guess it's okay if you want an older cape, ranch or whatever. It's better nabe than Hempstead or Uniondale. Meh.
Yeah I always found it to be a no nothing area. Not bad, just zero character.
Just streets and houses lumped together and that's it.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:55 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,547,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yeah I always found it to be a no nothing area. Not bad, just zero character.
Just streets and houses lumped together and that's it.
you can say the same thing about most of Long Island.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:58 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,547,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote4Summer View Post
But even to get to the part that borders Uniondale, you have to cross over the Meadowbrook.
I don't think a town is "spoiled" just by being next to Uniondale anyway. Uniondale is the nicest of the "bad" Nassau County towns.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:33 AM

9,584 posts, read 11,167,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
you can say the same thing about most of Long Island.
I have.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:00 AM

466 posts, read 469,075 times
A part of Westbury is in EM SD. In that case, you can park at Westbury train station if you are commuting.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:12 AM

6,810 posts, read 9,371,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylauren View Post
Hi-can people please tell me about East Meadow as far as the different neighborhoods-advantages/disadvantages. We are starting to house hunt again..... Thanks
Does anyone know the different neighborhoods or sections of East Meadow? Or even if there are differences between one part of East Meadow to another? That seems to be Amylauren main question.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:39 AM

239 posts, read 493,723 times
All the sections of East Meadow are fine IMO. Barnum Woods has the reputation as the better area, but I don't buy it.

McVey, Meadowbrook are both good. I think McVey Elementary has been better rated lately and Meadowbrook has the smaller school size.

Parkway and Bowling Green IMO, are a tick below in terms of schools, but nothing significant. Bowling Green has parts of Westbury attend it.

Bowling Green and Meadowbrook elementary go to Clarke JHS/HS and the others go to Woodlands/East Meadow High School. Both high schools seem fine, though EM HS is across from the jail.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:55 AM

572 posts, read 423,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Does anyone know the different neighborhoods or sections of East Meadow? Or even if there are differences between one part of East Meadow to another? That seems to be Amylauren main question.
East Meadow school district covers quite a bit of area. Old Country Road and North Jerusalem Road are the North/South borders; The Meadowbrook Parkway and the Wantagh Parkway are the East/West borders.

There are 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and two high schools. Everyone living north of Hempstead Tpke is zoned for Clarke MS / HS and south of the Tpke is zoned for Woodland MS / East Meadow HS. Clarke is ranked a bit higher than EMHS (as per Great Schools and US News), but in real life, they're comparable. EMHS is larger.

There are sections of Westbury (called Salisbury) and a sliver of Levittown (occasionally called Westbrook Park) that go to East Meadow schools and are zoned for Clarke. There are no "bad" neighborhoods or areas, but I'd advise against living on a major road (Front Street, Bellmore Road).

Old 04-25-2018, 12:11 PM

145 posts, read 78,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I don't think a town is "spoiled" just by being next to Uniondale anyway. Uniondale is the nicest of the "bad" Nassau County towns.
I completely agree. I donít find there to be anything wrong with E. Meadow. I was saying this in defense of the town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or