Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 PM

18 posts, read 20,168 times

Advertisements

Doing a bathroom renovation and looking to do frame less glass / doors for a stand up shower.
Bathroom is on the second floor and will have a slanted ceiling. Will have to be a custom job.

anyone has done this before and can recommend any glass companies in LI?
how much would you think this costs.. installed?

any feedback appreciated.... thx
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM

376 posts, read 310,439 times
Check out Uncurtain glazing on instagram. They do great work.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:39 PM

215 posts, read 248,155 times
I actually just put an order on a custom, frameless, stand-up shower door this morning. I used The Shower Door in Huntington (they have a showroom in Massapequa too, I believe).

I think the actual product name was 'Premier'. Aprx 3 feet wide, including a small panel where the hinges will mount - to bring the hinge away from the wall so the door is smaller and won't hit the toilet in my small master bath. Everything including the install and the coating on the glass (to help keep it clean) came out to about $1500 (including tax).

I can't comment on the install yet, but the guy doing my tile work was working on another friend's house who also used them, and both were happy with the work they did. They even opened the showroom 2 hrs early just so I could place the order before I got on the train to the city, which was much appreciated.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:54 AM

48 posts, read 29,441 times
NY Shower Door in Freeport did an amazing job on mine. Of all the contractors I used for a remodel, they were the only flawless vendor (on time, clean, professional, reasonable cost, etc.). Can't recommend them enough.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:34 AM

300 posts, read 553,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommutinJoe View Post
NY Shower Door in Freeport did an amazing job on mine. Of all the contractors I used for a remodel, they were the only flawless vendor (on time, clean, professional, reasonable cost, etc.). Can't recommend them enough.
This is true. These guys are pretty good. Nice showroom too!

Old 05-02-2018, 04:17 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,540,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1174Sixer View Post
I actually just put an order on a custom, frameless, stand-up shower door this morning. I used The Shower Door in Huntington (they have a showroom in Massapequa too, I believe).

I think the actual product name was 'Premier'. Aprx 3 feet wide, including a small panel where the hinges will mount - to bring the hinge away from the wall so the door is smaller and won't hit the toilet in my small master bath. Everything including the install and the coating on the glass (to help keep it clean) came out to about $1500 (including tax).

I can't comment on the install yet, but the guy doing my tile work was working on another friend's house who also used them, and both were happy with the work they did. They even opened the showroom 2 hrs early just so I could place the order before I got on the train to the city, which was much appreciated.

I used them a few years ago. Was very happy with the service and the final product. Definitely, a place to check out.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:09 PM

215 posts, read 248,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
I used them a few years ago. Was very happy with the service and the final product. Definitely, a place to check out.
Good to hear! They're coming to measure tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island