U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 03:16 PM

819 posts, read 2,470,965 times

Advertisements

I’m interested in possibly extending my backyard about 5 feet. Right now it has a steep slope in the yard. There’s an existing retaining wall that needs replacement but I’m thinking maybe I should get an estimate on what the cost would be to place a new wall about 5 feet further. I had one estimate come in but would like to get a few more. I’m not looking for pavers, just a timber wall. If you’ve used someone and have had good experience with them, please recommend them. I reside in the kings park area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 07:23 AM

3,114 posts, read 8,493,407 times
Town of Smithtown is not a fan of retaining walls, and frowns on anything over 48".......you need to decide if you are willing to get permits or not.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:18 PM

819 posts, read 2,470,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
Town of Smithtown is not a fan of retaining walls, and frowns on anything over 48".......you need to decide if you are willing to get permits or not.
Hey Rich. I donít think it will be over 4 feet. Is TOS ok with a wall 48Ē or below?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or