U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:53 PM

6 posts, read 3,604 times

Advertisements

gx89 - thanks, that's more like it. I did research the issue, and what I read is that if you believe there is a dangerous situation (i.e. the welfare and safety of a minor child), then the 30 day period is not mandatory. If she brings the police, I intend to calmly explain about the alcohol, coke, weed, syringes, cutting, and my fear of losing my grandson due to CPS intervention if his biological father reports the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 02:07 PM

43 posts, read 15,193 times
This women can't afford an apartment, but employs your BF?

Old 06-21-2018, 03:00 PM

210 posts, read 124,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I'm assuming she gets her mail at your apartment or has her license at the address. You most defiantly can't legally pack up her crap and move it elsewhere.
This. If she's been there long enough, you may be in the wrong here. Even if she's the pscho-est psycho there is...

Old 06-21-2018, 05:10 PM

9,587 posts, read 11,183,000 times
If they get mail and claim as their legal residence then good luck.
You're gonna need it.
NY.The nanny state. Everybody has rights so everything takes forever.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 PM

9,038 posts, read 18,371,432 times
You're looking for reliable legal advice on a free public forum.

Talk to a lawyer if you want advice that won't have unwanted side affects. That's my suggestion. And pick a lawyer who primarily deals with tenant issues, not someone who does a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Old 06-21-2018, 07:10 PM

15,746 posts, read 23,988,329 times
No, you're probably not legally OK since she became your tenant eons ago. But you know that or you wouldn't be asking after the fact.

There's a real estate forum here on CD with a rental subforum. The rental laws for each state are there. Take a gander.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:12 PM

15,746 posts, read 23,988,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
This women can't afford an apartment, but employs your BF?
I think she said it was her BF employee, but what's most hilarious is after all this the person still apparently works for him. Makes sense right? What do you think the BF job is?

Old 06-21-2018, 09:02 PM

351 posts, read 230,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I think she said it was her BF employee, but what's most hilarious is after all this the person still apparently works for him. Makes sense right? What do you think the BF job is?

Pimp...

Old 06-22-2018, 03:14 AM

2,009 posts, read 2,232,595 times
Does your landlord know you took in this person without their approval in the first place? Had your landlord known. They would have done the background & credit checks & denied the person! Avoiding the hassle you have now. And yeah the person in this thread in link I posted below is correct. So reenzz is 100% correct. You do still have to pay your rent by law. Looks like you have more problems than just this on your hands. Good luck. If she is doing something illegal on premises it is grounds for eviction in itself. Order of protection seems to be in order if this whole story is true. Then she would not be allowed near the place you rent.

Tell your landlord if they are not aware of it. On LI I am assuming your rental is an apt in an owner occupied SFH? Am I correct? Surprised if that is the case. That your landlord does not say something. And once someone is living there for 30 days & gets official mail at address. You can not just remove their belongings or change the locks. As they are considered legal occupants at that point.

Your landlord can stop the Auction & Foreclosure in so many ways. They can even file for bankruptcy to halt the proceedings if they wanted to. And drag it on for years. In the meantime. By law you are obligated to pay rent in full as agreed upon. But what reenzz said is exactly what I would say too.

living in a foreclosed home - confused about legal status

Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,200,011 times
Previously on the Real Housewives of Mastic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or