U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 06:30 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,061,750 times

Advertisements

Sounds like this is an all around awesome situation, as the OP's other thread is about that she's renting in a foreclosed home. Can't make this stuff up. LOL
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 10:27 AM

210 posts, read 125,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Does your landlord know you took in this person without their approval in the first place? Had your landlord known. They would have done the background & credit checks & denied the person! Avoiding the hassle you have now.
I don't think that is necessarily a given. Not all landlords do background checks. Especially if it's a house that's in foreclosure (and most likely not legal in the first place)...

Old 06-22-2018, 11:06 AM

607 posts, read 688,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmom61;52266424[B
]My BF's employee[/b] couldn't make ends meet at her apartment and was sleeping on our couch several nights a week, so I felt bad for her and had him tell her she could stay with us. She was paying $1000 a month at her dank basement apartment and we asked if she could contribute $500. She was very grateful and moved in right away.
Almost 2 years later, our lives are a living hell - she is an alcoholic, a drug user, rarely comes up with her money on time or in full, eats our food but doesn't buy anything, has a sick obsession with my BF and has lied to me about sleeping with him, kicked out his windshield because she overheard us having sex, borrowed my car and then crashed it while drunk and high, attacked him physically, round-house punched him in the face, thrown a crate at him, and stalks him by cellphone when we are out together alone. Then she drinks herself blind and cuts herself in obvious places for attention.
My stepdaughter and her 1 year old son live with also, and she is terrified of CPS finding out that there is a drug user living in the house with the baby. I have kicked her out 3 times, but every time I relented because she was so pitifully apologetic. I told her earlier this week that we are DONE, she needs to leave NOW. Her former BF and current lawyer offered her the apartment in his house but she refuses to go. I told her again this morning that she needs to be out by this weekend, and she said she would leave when she is ready and not before.

So today I packed her belongings carefully and took them to her lawyer's house, then left him a message that I had done so. I am next going to my BF's business to let her know that she no longer lives with us and that her things are at her new place.

My BF is worried that she will go "psycho" and attack him again or damage his property - I believe that if you feel you are in danger then you don't have to wait the 30 days to evict someone, even if they are an "informal tenant." I don't want legal repercussions, I just want to feel safe from this psycho.

Thoughts?
Horse already gone through the gate. She wouldn't have been on my couch in the first place. The only way to handle a psycho is to show them that you're a raving lunatic. All this "I did, I am " but nothing from the BF. #justsaying Wish you all the best.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:53 AM

433 posts, read 287,712 times
It looks like illegal eviction to me.

You need to go through the court to evict her properly. Hire a lawyer and let them handle it.
Or you can give cash for keys. Make sure you have a legal document with her signature.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:06 PM

258 posts, read 441,912 times
ubering is right. on its face value you've illegally evicted her, and potentially set yourself up for some potentially uncomfortable consequences.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...evictions.html

Old 06-23-2018, 07:41 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,061,750 times
I look forward to reading this developing story on the Mastic Patch site

Old 06-23-2018, 05:53 PM

6 posts, read 3,637 times
Wow, I'm sure you all think you are the wittiest bunch ever, but I actually thought this was a serious forum with members who would give real advice. I guess no one here was ever surprised by any bad news, like finding out their home for the past four years was foreclosed on (and no, it's not owner occupied and yes the landlord knows about everyone who lives here). Or learning that the small-town girl from KY is an addict/alcoholic once she moved in. It's obvious none of you have ever tried to help someone out and gotten screwed in return, or forgiven someone you shouldn't have. The BF you think is a loser runs a large auto repair shop, and THIS loser is a 20 year employee of a large NYC business. All you know is the barest bones of my story and you feel you can pass judgement?

It's the same story every time I've joined a forum - there's a dozen or so serial posters who dominate every thread; you post once and that "golden dozen" jump down your throat, make fun of you, humiliate you, and take turns posting to each other about how stupid the newbie is. I actually logged in today eager to share what had happened and found 4 pages of ridicule. I am so sorry I ever posted here and I'm canceling my "membership" in this snotty
Moderator cut: language removed right now. I hope you all feel really special, because believe me - YOU ARE.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-24-2018 at 09:00 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 08:07 PM

9,592 posts, read 11,200,016 times
I certainly do.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Status: "I have "a thing" for duplex apartments" (set 17 hours ago)

19,275 posts, read 32,757,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmom61 View Post
Wow, I'm sure you all think you are the wittiest bunch ever, but I actually thought this was a serious forum with members who would give real advice. I guess no one here was ever surprised by any bad news, like finding out their home for the past four years was foreclosed on (and no, it's not owner occupied and yes the landlord knows about everyone who lives here). Or learning that the small-town girl from KY is an addict/alcoholic once she moved in. It's obvious none of you have ever tried to help someone out and gotten screwed in return, or forgiven someone you shouldn't have. The BF you think is a loser runs a large auto repair shop, and THIS loser is a 20 year employee of a large NYC business. All you know is the barest bones of my story and you feel you can pass judgement?

It's the same story every time I've joined a forum - there's a dozen or so serial posters who dominate every thread; you post once and that "golden dozen" jump down your throat, make fun of you, humiliate you, and take turns posting to each other about how stupid the newbie is. I actually logged in today eager to share what had happened and found 4 pages of ridicule. I am so sorry I ever posted here and I'm canceling my "membership" in this snotty club right now. I hope you all feel really special, because believe me - YOU ARE.
When you open yourself up on social media, unfortunately, you leave yourself open to ridicule and some can't help themselves. It's the same story everytime you join a forum - because its true. Hope you get the help you're seeking. Good luck.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-24-2018 at 09:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or