Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:11 PM

6 posts, read 6,821 times

Advertisements

My BF's employee couldn't make ends meet at her apartment and was sleeping on our couch several nights a week, so I felt bad for her and had him tell her she could stay with us. She was paying $1000 a month at her dank basement apartment and we asked if she could contribute $500. She was very grateful and moved in right away.
Almost 2 years later, our lives are a living hell - she is an alcoholic, a drug user, rarely comes up with her money on time or in full, eats our food but doesn't buy anything, has a sick obsession with my BF and has lied to me about sleeping with him, kicked out his windshield because she overheard us having sex, borrowed my car and then crashed it while drunk and high, attacked him physically, round-house punched him in the face, thrown a crate at him, and stalks him by cellphone when we are out together alone. Then she drinks herself blind and cuts herself in obvious places for attention.
My stepdaughter and her 1 year old son live with also, and she is terrified of CPS finding out that there is a drug user living in the house with the baby. I have kicked her out 3 times, but every time I relented because she was so pitifully apologetic. I told her earlier this week that we are DONE, she needs to leave NOW. Her former BF and current lawyer offered her the apartment in his house but she refuses to go. I told her again this morning that she needs to be out by this weekend, and she said she would leave when she is ready and not before.

So today I packed her belongings carefully and took them to her lawyer's house, then left him a message that I had done so. I am next going to my BF's business to let her know that she no longer lives with us and that her things are at her new place.

My BF is worried that she will go "psycho" and attack him again or damage his property - I believe that if you feel you are in danger then you don't have to wait the 30 days to evict someone, even if they are an "informal tenant." I don't want legal repercussions, I just want to feel safe from this psycho.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 01:17 PM

499 posts, read 356,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmom61 View Post
My BF's employee couldn't make ends meet at her apartment and was sleeping on our couch several nights a week, so I felt bad for her and had him tell her she could stay with us. She was paying $1000 a month at her dank basement apartment and we asked if she could contribute $500. She was very grateful and moved in right away.
Almost 2 years later, our lives are a living hell - she is an alcoholic, a drug user, rarely comes up with her money on time or in full, eats our food but doesn't buy anything, has a sick obsession with my BF and has lied to me about sleeping with him, kicked out his windshield because she overheard us having sex, borrowed my car and then crashed it while drunk and high, attacked him physically, round-house punched him in the face, thrown a crate at him, and stalks him by cellphone when we are out together alone. Then she drinks herself blind and cuts herself in obvious places for attention.
My stepdaughter and her 1 year old son live with also, and she is terrified of CPS finding out that there is a drug user living in the house with the baby. I have kicked her out 3 times, but every time I relented because she was so pitifully apologetic. I told her earlier this week that we are DONE, she needs to leave NOW. Her former BF and current lawyer offered her the apartment in his house but she refuses to go. I told her again this morning that she needs to be out by this weekend, and she said she would leave when she is ready and not before.

So today I packed her belongings carefully and took them to her lawyer's house, then left him a message that I had done so. I am next going to my BF's business to let her know that she no longer lives with us and that her things are at her new place.

My BF is worried that she will go "psycho" and attack him again or damage his property - I believe that if you feel you are in danger then you don't have to wait the 30 days to evict someone, even if they are an "informal tenant." I don't want legal repercussions, I just want to feel safe from this psycho.

Thoughts?
The bolded part is the bottom line.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:29 PM

9,926 posts, read 23,090,299 times
Did you change the locks?

Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,953,433 times
You know where her lawyer lives? Huh?

This woman slept with your boyfriend but you’re still together? Huh?

This sounds like a great Lifetime movie

Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,740,937 times
Well, if she does get physical I would call the police, have her arrested and get an order of protection.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:38 PM

No, she lied to me about sleeping with my BF in an attempt to make me leave him. Yes, I know where her lawyer lives, he's local. And he's her former BF as well. I didn't change the locks, I have her key.

I'm asking for thought about the legality of what I'm doing and if anyone is aware of any laws I could be breaking.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:39 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,953,433 times
Sounds like murder is your only option

Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 PM

19,980 posts, read 20,683,019 times
Place a few bags of coke and weed under her mattress and call the feds.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:42 PM

This is not helpful feedback, people.
I've already found coke and weed and drug paraphenalia in her room, as well as syringes today (a new discovery).
I want to know if I am within my rights to move her out while she is not home.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:43 PM

2,691 posts, read 2,306,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmom61 View Post
No, she lied to me about sleeping with my BF in an attempt to make me leave him. Yes, I know where her lawyer lives, he's local. And he's her former BF as well. I didn't change the locks, I have her key.

I'm asking for thought about the legality of what I'm doing and if anyone is aware of any laws I could be breaking.
I'm assuming she gets her mail at your apartment or has her license at the address. You most defiantly can't legally pack up her crap and move it elsewhere. Slap a note on her door or hand it to her stating she has 30 days to be out then you can legally change the locks. Or just lie and claim this has been done and spend $50 and file for a court ordered eviction. I am not a lawyer but I assisted a friend of mine in evicting a non paying turd that was renting a room in his apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: