Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 03:42 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

You can buy a big house with an inground swimming pool on the cheap. That's the draw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 04:07 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo1981 View Post
I live in Medford. The whole entire area around Gordon Heights connecting to coram is straight trash along with route 112 corridor that runs through medford. Theres homeless people living in the woods. In gordon heights I believe theres probably halfway houses or something, because thats where alot of the convicted sex offenders live in and around. Theres website that shows exactly where sex offenders live.

They bulldozed tent cities the drug addicts, criminals and homeless had at home depot/stop and shop on the border of medford and coram, but its back. You'll occasionally find needles on the floor in parking lots.

Gordon Heights is NOT Medford!

Home Depot/S&S is in Coram; nowhere near the border!

That said, access to the LIE is nice, but Rt. 112 is a mess.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Gordon Heights is NOT Medford!

Home Depot/S&S is in Coram; nowhere near the border!

That said, access to the LIE is nice, but Rt. 112 is a mess.
Gordon heights shares Medford zip, so technically it is Medford, or is Medford Gordon heights?? Lol

Old 07-12-2018, 07:09 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Gordon heights shares Medford zip, so technically it is Medford, or is Medford Gordon heights?? Lol
If that statement holds water, then Dix Hills is Huntington Station, or is Huntington Station Dix Hills? After all, they share the same zip code

Gordon Hts and Medford are both Hamlets in the Town of Brookhaven, just like Dix Hills and Huntington Station are Hamlets in the Town of Huntington.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:57 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
They are both dumping grounds.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo1981 View Post
I live in Medford. The whole entire area around Gordon Heights connecting to coram is straight trash along with route 112 corridor that runs through medford. Theres homeless people living in the woods. In gordon heights I believe theres probably halfway houses or something, because thats where alot of the convicted sex offenders live in and around. Theres website that shows exactly where sex offenders live.
They bulldozed tent cities the drug addicts, criminals and homeless had at home depot/stop and shop on the border of medford and coram, but its back. You'll occasionally find needles on the floor in parking lots.

When I first moved to medford, literally 8 weeks in, I was attacked by a pack of 10+ kids/teenager thugs that were walking their way through the place to get to the gordon heights park. They went in my back yard, picked up rocks and started throwing them at my house, car and worktruck. Broke my windshield, garage light, a few dents in house and car. Cops have been to my house a few times. I have an alarm signs all over my house.
I live in a no outlet community, and these kids just roam the streets until late on a schoolnight, steal neighbor's children's bycicles left in front of their house lawn, throw rocks at pvc fencing, walk through people's back yards to get to gordon heights park as a shortcut; etc. No parental supervision whatsoever.

My wife and I are kicking ourselves in the butt for not choosing Manorville or Wading River instead, even though WR is a hike off the LIE. Should have went with Manorville. What you get in "medfid' is homeless, sex offenders, needles on the floor in parking lots, "crazies" in the stores, and groups of kids out at night on a school day because of poor parenting. Along with hearing dirtbikes and quads all the time late at night. Medford is also largely zoned for industrial, so lots of big rigs and large trucks trucking through here, although thats the least of the problems. Also worth mentioning, the potholes and bad roads here are a disaster.

ps - also had my catalytic converter sawed off my truck as well. The cops didnt even care and the detective they "assigned" never bothered to call to look at my camera footage. And everytime I called 911 to report the kids throwing rocks at my house while I was home, cops show up an hour later. I mean really, what if my wife was getting home from work and got hit in the head with a rock and died?

Dont ask me why Im paying 14,000/yr for this craphole. Granted, half of that goes to the schools due to the all mighty teachers unions, and because these schools need new computers and football fields every year along with teacher salary increasing 5% due to "cost of living rising", but that's another story. Keep passing those school budget programs, you sheeple.
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa. I once was looking for a house over in Medford and some kids came outside from the house across the street and started pounding bats into their hands. Welp.. even the realtor said "nope nope nope". Lol. But I have friends who live in the clusterpine area and it's really decent. Sooooooo. I feel your pain.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
If that statement holds water, then Dix Hills is Huntington Station, or is Huntington Station Dix Hills? After all, they share the same zip code

Gordon Hts and Medford are both Hamlets in the Town of Brookhaven, just like Dix Hills and Huntington Station are Hamlets in the Town of Huntington.
Stop with the facts and logic.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:58 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
Quote:
You live in Gordon heights?? Well yeah, that area is a disaster, and not the area of Medford I am talking about, or from. Gordon heights doesn't use Pat med schools.
Maybe Gordon Heights is all that they can afford. I know many a Yale graduates that have come from Gordon Heights. Stop the Gordon Heights bashing, especially if you come from Medford.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:02 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,207 times
Gordon Heights is trash. But getting back to Medford....

Old 07-15-2018, 01:16 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
I see a promising future for Medford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island