Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,900 times

Advertisements

I guess people don't come out the house much, this is how it looks like after people are done "partying", especially on July 4th, it's perfectly normal.

Of course I don't appreciate swimming in a sea of plastic and foam, that's the city's responsibility to keep it clean.

For example, if you go to Cancun, theres a lot of people on the beach in front of every resort, many of which are drunk, partying and littering, however, it's spit shine clean, because the workers are busting their butts all day.

Maybe we should hire immigrants to keep the beaches clean, they do work harder than an average American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 02:15 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,419,220 times
That looks like washed up trash rather than left behind. Trash dumped at sea coming home.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:27 PM

818 posts, read 582,080 times
What if each car-load was given a bag of some kind and had to fork over ten bucks. To get back your ten bucks, you turn in the bag with trash in it. Would that work?

Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 PM

69 posts, read 89,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
That looks like washed up trash rather than left behind. Trash dumped at sea coming home.

No, was there on the 4th. All that trash did not wash up. It was sadly all left behind. Though I am sure, looking at that picture that a ton of it ended up getting washed *into* the water. It was quite disgusting to see how little pride people here have in these beautiful places on LI. What an absolute shame.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk2 View Post
What if each car-load was given a bag of some kind and had to fork over ten bucks. To get back your ten bucks, you turn in the bag with trash in it. Would that work?
The state giving back money??? This is NY we're talking about. It goes in, it doesn't come back out.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 PM

69 posts, read 89,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
I guess people don't come out the house much, this is how it looks like after people are done "partying", especially on July 4th, it's perfectly normal.

Perhaps if those people were raised by animals. Normal people would take their trash with them and throw it away properly, not throw it all over the place expecting someone else to pick up after them. This is abhorrent behavior. To excuse it exposes a societal failure.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:45 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Going back to this I believe that the beach themselves are responsible for not cleaning up and hiring extra staff on these busy weekends. If you are not going to put out more garbage bins then have your crew make round the clock trips removing trash. They have plenty of money so that's not the reason. Just poor management and laziness of their staff.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:15 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Going back to this I believe that the beach themselves are responsible for not cleaning up and hiring extra staff on these busy weekends. If you are not going to put out more garbage bins then have your crew make round the clock trips removing trash. They have plenty of money so that's not the reason. Just poor management and laziness of their staff.
That would require more taxes, benefits, salaries.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:22 PM

818 posts, read 582,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The state giving back money??? This is NY we're talking about. It goes in, it doesn't come back out.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Does the park employees not drive the tractors with the drag screens everyday to collect beach debris?
I also find it odd that in the field of view of the articles picture I did not see one garbage can, did I miss them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island