Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 08:12 AM

166 posts, read 188,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3846 View Post
When you say cheap like down south do you mean a brand new 3-3500 sq ft home for $250k? If so, keep dreaming.
maybe if they put the amityville horror house up for sale...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 08:12 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,589,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
1. Neighborhood Road gets sewer
2. Ppl with no kids start moving to Mastic, cause property taxes r cheap
3. Ppl with no kids who know how to cook or provide professional services move to Mastic to open places to start feeding and taking care of the ones that moved there before
4. Ppl with kids start moving because there's now neighborhood eateries and its "family friendly" and property taxes are still under 10K

:::fin:::

4 steps
5th step -- eliminate absentee landlords

They're a large part of the social ills in that area. They're the ones providing cheap housing for welfare recipients and sex offenders.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ok, where online can I see that? As previously mentioned, I looked on Trulia and Zillow, and there is no record of that sale on both of those sites, so I would like to use the website you guys are using. Thanks.

Either way, around the time I signed up on City-Data (around 2006 or 2007), I saw a lot of high ranch houses like this for sale in Wyandanch, most turn-key but plain interiors, and none over 200K (that I remember). So I'll just be watching this house to see what it sells for. It's a decent-looking house from what the pics show.
I'll toss this one out there, Wyandanch $499K, but note that it is HHH schools. It;s up in the back of the National Cemetery, in a small pocket tucked off Colonial Springs road.

https://www.mlsli.com/homes-for-sale...1798-246396237

Old 07-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Given the choice of a system I control mechanically and financially or a system the government controls mechanically and financially and I am taxed for, hands down I would pick the septic system every day of the week. Why would I not?
Except Balloney is trying to get his hands into our septic systems. Did you see the nonsense he was spewing about high end septic, which requires electricity and service warantees?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:26 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,810,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♦♣♠ View Post
The statistics on Asians and their performance in schools and standardized exams (APs, SATs, ACTs) would beg to differ.
I just saw CSK's comment. Coercing teachers? So laughable. Whatever they have to keep telling themselves to feel better. Asian parents are notorious for being hard on their kids. No participation trophies. Grades less than 90s suck. Plain and simple.

We're in a good district but some kids are getting 70s and 80s on 4th grade math tests and I'm not sure their parents care enough to do anything about it. And by that I mean give their kids a good ass-whoopin'. I don't get it, because they purposely pay so much to be here and yet don't go the extra mile. They expect the teacher - who has 25 other kids in the classroom - to actually push them?

Last edited by ovi8; 07-24-2018 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I just saw CSK's comment. Coercing teachers? So laughable. Whatever they have to keep telling themselves to feel better. Asian parents are notorious for being hard on their kids. No participation trophies. Grades less than 90s suck. Plain and simple.

We're in a good district but some kids are getting 70s and 80s on 4th grade math tests and I'm not sure their parents care enough to do anything about it. And by that I mean give their kids a good ass-whoopin'. I don't get it, because they purposely pay so much to be here and yet don't go the extra mile. They expect the teacher - who has 25 other kids in the classroom - to actually push them?
This! A teacher can only go so far if there is not a strong support system at home to ensure a child is living up to their potential. Higher performing districts tend to have more parents who are invested in their child's education.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,291,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'll toss this one out there, Wyandanch $499K, but note that it is HHH schools. It;s up in the back of the National Cemetery, in a small pocket tucked off Colonial Springs road.

https://www.mlsli.com/homes-for-sale...1798-246396237
That house is in Wheatley heights, not all but a good chunk of Wheatley heights is zoned for HHH. Those homes generally sell for way more $$ as does the small pockets of deer park and farmingdale zoned for HHH.

Last edited by gx89; 07-24-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:25 AM

33,469 posts, read 46,872,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
They are run as two separate railroads. The LIRR is poorly run in comparison, and there was major disability fraud going on for decades until finally caught in 2014.

You may find this interesting.

That is interesting, I will take a look at this in more detail, and read some more on my own about it

Have some Reps.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
In the last forty years I have lived in a house that needed the cesspool pumped once. I hired someone to do it for $225. That was only because I had a bad water valve that was running water into the system, unbeknown to me. How much have you paid in taxes for your sewage system in that time?
Thats fantastic for you

For me its one less thing when it comes to maintaining a house that I have to worry about

If it works for you have at it

Old 07-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I used Redfin as it lists sales and tax history.
Thanks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island