Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 07:28 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Google "Mangano de Blasio" and you will find plenty of stories as to how they are directly connected.

Funny how you posted in the Amazon LIC thread in the Long Island forum and didn't say "Long Island forum. Not NYC." If you are such a stickler for what gets posted in the Long Island forum, Amazon not moving to Queens is a huge stretch. (I have no issue with it being here, just pointing out your odd complaint.)
Nope. No odd complaints. The Amazon matter was directly related to LI due to the BLAME Cuomo placed directly on the LI political coalition for not backing it strongly enough. Diblasio was mentioned once regarding fundraising improprieties with Singh during the 1st trial and not mentioned at ALL at the second. Your deflection from Mangano to Diblasio was obvious, and pointless. Not saying Diblasio won't go to jail eventually too. Why not, seems they all have to steal money or send a dic pick sooner or later.

Not to worry, Kate Murray will be back in office before the Islanders have an arena. LI gets exactly what it deserves...and it ain't good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 07:30 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,879,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
This is what happens when you have a two party system. People blindly vote for candidates who share their political affiliation. Later, after the elected officials screw the taxpayers, the voters come to their defense. Time and time again.
This is exactly it. And nobody (not the majority at least) wants to be objective regardless of what "team" they're on. The only thing the majority ends up voting for is what they deem to be the lesser of the two evils. Illusion of influence. Then only these elected hold the power of what they will do and not what they promise to do. Money & power is not something that should be appointed to individuals.

I'm so sick and tired of internet bullies claiming we get what we get because of who we elected or because we don't go out and vote. Vote for what? One of two evils? Who will end up doing whatever they feel like doing anyway? Give me a g'damn break. When my choice along with a majority vote will actually affect the final decision on issues, then I'll see what matters. Until then, it's all just sports banter without the fun. And the people who we've given control (but hey, we voted) will still make us all miserable.

Last edited by ovi8; 03-11-2019 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-12-2019, 11:22 AM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
This is exactly it. And nobody (not the majority at least) wants to be objective regardless of what "team" they're on. The only thing the majority ends up voting for is what they deem to be the lesser of the two evils. Illusion of influence. Then only these elected hold the power of what they will do and not what they promise to do. Money & power is not something that should be appointed to individuals.

I'm so sick and tired of internet bullies claiming we get what we get because of who we elected or because we don't go out and vote. Vote for what? One of two evils? Who will end up doing whatever they feel like doing anyway? Give me a g'damn break. When my choice along with a majority vote will actually affect the final decision on issues, then I'll see what matters. Until then, it's all just sports banter without the fun. And the people who we've given control (but hey, we voted) will still make us all miserable.

I agree with you up to a point, but seriously why should any party just take us for granted. The national level is a joke. The only reason canidates come here is to raise money. Everyone knows NY is voting Dem. But on the local level lets have some competition. The politicians should live in fear of losing a vote, they should live in fear of having to get a real job like the rest of us. The term "career politician" should envoke the same visceral level as disgust as when someone says child molester. Ewwww gross!!

Old 03-12-2019, 08:17 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,839,727 times
What's amazing is, politicians and the government are *supposed* to work for us.
We the people are their bosses. But it clearly aint like that anymore. Politicians have become celebrities. Like we are around to suit their needs and egos. Go ahead, try to get Andy or the Donald on the phone. Or even Chuck. Total BS.
Imagine your boss calls you and you wont take his call or return the call. It's all there in the constitution. They work for us. Somehow that went out the window.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:55 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,879,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
What's amazing is, politicians and the government are *supposed* to work for us.
We the people are their bosses. But it clearly aint like that anymore. Politicians have become celebrities. Like we are around to suit their needs and egos.
Politics = beauty pageants for old people.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:14 PM

305 posts, read 196,044 times
Not unlike Sheldon Silver who is still free and walking the street because the "judges" keep asking how is what they did not related to their jobs.

Bruno of upstate NY not only overturned but we had to pay his legal bills.

My bet is the Mangano duo never serve a day in jail.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:42 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
Not unlike Sheldon Silver who is still free and walking the street because the "judges" keep asking how is what they did not related to their jobs.

Bruno of upstate NY not only overturned but we had to pay his legal bills.

My bet is the Mangano duo never serve a day in jail.
The crazy thing is that there's no obvious way to recoup the funds for the harm that's done. There needs to be real repercussions for this kind of bull****. If it's found that a politician was able to be bribed to award contracts, then the terms of those contracts need to be voided and there needs to be a way to recoup not just from the politician and exacting punishment in jail, but also financially doing so against the politician and the favored company in retrospect. If policies are enacted that were made under this kind of corruption, then they should be up for revisiting. It can't be something where what's done is done and if you find out later, then the repercussions are tiny and of the moment well after the fact. There needs to be actually teeth to all of this, so that if you do such things as both the briber and bribee, then it will be well not worth your while.

Now if that's too harsh, then what possible reason are you arguing that on? If you screw the public, then the public needs to ********* back. The easiest way for not to get that repercussion is to not screw the public in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: