Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:20 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking1337 View Post
why should you pay taxes for someone elses kids?
You shouldn't but to say people who go to Hunter schools only work @ delis is ignorant. And with the recent things going on with Lori Laughlin, you don't even need to be smart to go to schools like MIT anymore, you just need $$.

That said, to when you said "schools will give free rides to smart kids" … yes some schools will. If they are very smart and earn themselves a scholarship, they deserve it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,912 times
Quote:
Ugh, no. Welcome to the 21st century. Do you know where everyone who went to MIT, works? NYC and CA. Do you know where everyone who went to Hunter College works at? Boston and Alabama or Long Island deli's. Sure these are private, but will give free rides to smart kids.

LI will get revamped and im happy Cuomo is changing things. Make houses smaller, cut the yards that yo dont need, lower taxes to max 6k like in city, and tax renters too, not just homeowners, consolidate school districts, etc.

Stop making stupid slanted cape homes. Make brownstones.
Nobody has built a stupid slanted cape since ther mid 50's maybe early 60's. 99.995% of home on LI built today are Colonials.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:40 AM

122 posts, read 122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Nobody has built a stupid slanted cape since ther mid 50's maybe early 60's. 99.995% of home on LI built today are Colonials.
Colonials are the way to go, but they are rare, at least in suffolk.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Colonials are the way to go, but they are rare, at least in suffolk.
Suffolk has a lot of colonials … and a lot more than Nassau. Any new home that is being constructed is for the most part a colonial. Suffolk has a lot more open land.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Right, but those are not for sale

All the crappy homes are for sale, and all the good ones are buying bought out, as life goes

Old 04-12-2019, 11:42 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Ugh, no. Welcome to the 21st century. Do you know where everyone who went to MIT, works? NYC and CA. Do you know where everyone who went to Hunter College works at? Boston and Alabama or Long Island deli's. Sure these are private, but will give free rides to smart kids.

LI will get revamped and im happy Cuomo is changing things. Make houses smaller, cut the yards that yo dont need, lower taxes to max 6k like in city, and tax renters too, not just homeowners, consolidate school districts, etc.

So which is it: do you prefer free market capitalism and your ability to own rental properties, or do you want the government to step in and take over control?

I know a woman whose family lost much of their wealth and a good portion of their home under Tito in Yugoslavia. Tito's government placed multiple families to live in her grandfather's single family home with his own family. They deemed his home too large for one family.

Seeing you're keen on rental units, let me put it this way: Tito's army would come in, take your properties and assign a single home to multiple families. You would lose what you own, those who you would have milked for rent would live in those properties, and the state would control it all. You would come to yearn for a 'stupid slanted cape'.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:57 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,770,713 times
Quote:

Ok so you are advocating the government steal people's land and mandating what homes they can live in so all of LI can look like your twisted vision of brooklyn. Great suggestions Comrade Stalin.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:

Here's an idea. If you don't like capes, don't live in one?

Not everyone likes brownstones or small homes. The appeal of LI is that it is NOT the city. People who live here like the appeal of suburbia - I love having space, a yard, a car, a driveway … kids can play in the streets.

I live on LI b/c it's the suburbs. I don't want to live in an urban setting. I work in NYC. I could have lived there if I wanted to. I choose to be here.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,912 times
OP is a troll/Jack azz. He/she got one thing correct. Capes are stupid and nothing more than a mistake that should of been a colonial!

Old 04-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Here's an idea. If you don't like capes, don't live in one?

Not everyone likes brownstones or small homes. The appeal of LI is that it is NOT the city. People who live here like the appeal of suburbia - I love having space, a yard, a car, a driveway … kids can play in the streets.

I live on LI b/c it's the suburbs. I don't want to live in an urban setting. I work in NYC. I could have lived there if I wanted to. I choose to be here.
if you want suburbs, PA is for you. New York = city whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island