Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 07:17 PM

151 posts, read 133,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
Ok perhaps I should of been clearer. But I don’t think it really makes a difference. Undesirable towns = high crime, that includes a lot of Suffolk towns with high “white” population. It’s about to be 2020, and we need to stop being sensitive about everything and using the race card for everything. Undesirable does not mean people of color.
I actually didn’t even mention race so I’m not using your so-called “race card”. See, I can gaslight too..

Now that you bring race up, if you’re using code words like “those people” together with “undesirable neighborhoods” then most people will believe that you’re talking about race since this is how those terms have historically been used (especially here on LI). Something tells me that you’re 100% fully aware of this but are just backtracking, gaslighting and playing dumb now that you’ve been called out.

Anyways, some areas on LI that are deemed as undesirable are not truly high-crime. I’m very familiar with East Massapequa (east of Carmans Rd) and even though you might be able to dig up some articles on it, it’s still a super-quiet middle class neighborhood filled with homeowners for the most part. Not as flashy as some other parts of Massapequa with tacky columns all over the place but still decent by most American standards.

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 12-03-2019 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 07:23 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
There's really only a handful, hell not even, a few select areas that are truly dangerous.
The undesirable term is an historical stygma and label attached to brown or white trash communities. Some of the more desirable communities have a higher crime rate than many of these so called undesirable places.
So there.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:16 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? It’s extremely documented that there are sections of both Huntington and Massapequa with a large # of MS13 and other gang population. Forgive me for not wanting to live in a town in close proximity to them. You’re a moron.
Huntington station has had gang issues in the past. Huntington, not so much. And please tell me what sections of Massapequa are gang ridden? Where is this documentation you speak of? East Massapequa I’m guessing you are referring to although not a “great” area is far far from bad.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM

376 posts, read 310,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Huntington station has had gang issues in the past. Huntington, not so much. And please tell me what sections of Massapequa are gang ridden? Where is this documentation you speak of? East Massapequa I’m guessing you are referring to although not a “great” area is far far from bad.
Has had? It continues to have. And yes Massapequa has gang issues including gangs from Amityville in close proximity. I don’t want to be a 15min drive from those areas

Old 12-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
There's really only a handful, hell not even, a few select areas that are truly dangerous.
The undesirable term is an historical stygma and label attached to brown or white trash communities. Some of the more desirable communities have a higher crime rate than many of these so called undesirable places.
So there.
Roosevelt
Hempstead
New Cassel
Freeport
Brentwood
Coram
Mastic
North Amityville
Central Islip
Sections of Huntington
Sections of Massapequa
Uniondale
Wyandanch

Def more than a handful and there may be more Suffolk but I’m not too familiar with that county.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:02 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Roosevelt
Hempstead
New Cassel
Freeport
Brentwood
Coram
Mastic
North Amityville
Central Islip
Sections of Huntington
Sections of Massapequa
Uniondale
Wyandanch

Def more than a handful and there may be more Suffolk but I’m not too familiar with that county.
Not all of Freeport is bad.

Also, what about Cathedral Gardens? That's not such a bad place in Hempstead either (though I have heard some consider this West Hempstead)

Old 12-04-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Not all of Freeport is bad.

Also, what about Cathedral Gardens? That's not such a bad place in Hempstead either (though I have heard some consider this West Hempstead)
This is simple. Would you buy a home and send your kids to that school district in that “good” section of Freeport and Hempstead or would you buy elsewhere? If the answer is No, then that town is undesirable. If I’m not mistaken, those towns I listed rank as some of the worst school districts in NY state and on LI

Old 12-04-2019, 04:12 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
This is simple. Would you buy a home and send your kids to that school district in that “good” section of Freeport and Hempstead or would you buy elsewhere? If the answer is No, then that town is undesirable. If I’m not mistaken, those towns I listed rank as some of the worst school districts in NY state and on LI
Yes you are correct, but I just wanted to point out that it’s not all Freeport that’s bad; same thing with Hempstead. But yes you are correct. No I would not typically buy in those school districts… But then again I don’t have children so perhaps I would if I got a really good deal in South Freeport or Cathedal Gardens

Old 12-04-2019, 06:02 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Roosevelt
Hempstead
New Cassel
Freeport
Brentwood
Coram
Mastic
North Amityville
Central Islip
Sections of Huntington
Sections of Massapequa
Uniondale
Wyandanch

Only a select few are actually dangerous.
If even.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:25 PM

174 posts, read 106,606 times
Sands Point and Kings Point (god help you if you don't speak Farsi!) are the only truly dangerous nabes on Lawn Guyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island