U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 01:41 PM

399 posts, read 304,107 times

Advertisements

cuomo, trump and the rest of america expects to drag this out forever with "new cases" they tell you there are "new cases" but they dont tell you if anyones sick why cant we go to the gym? we met the metrics. they are going to cancel baseball again, because players "tested positive"..are they sick? are the coughing? are they dying? all because a test , which has been proven time and time again that its unreliable , they can take your freedoms away business owners are more criminals now then the protestors
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM

how is this criminal?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/cuomo-...repercussions/

Local officials in the Hamptons could face “civil fines and potential criminal liability” over a packed weekend concert featuring The Chainsmokers that flaunted social distancing restrictions, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.

Cuomo said Southampton’s Saturday night “drive-in” charity gig — that drew in excess of 2,000 concertgoers — was “grossly disrespectful to fellow New Yorkers” and is now the subject of a state health department probe.
“The concert that happened in the town of Southampton was just a gross violation of not only the public health rules, it was a gross violation of common sense,” the governor said during a briefing.

“There have also been reports that we have been receiving about behavior in the village of Southampton that has been ongoing and recurring that also violates the public health regulations,” he said. “So, that (investigation) is ongoing and that is being handled by the Department of Health, violations public health law has civil fines and a potential for criminal liability, so we’re taking that very seriously.”

Cuomo announced the state investigation Monday, slamming the show for “egregious social distancing violations.”
In a letter to town officials Monday, state Health Commissioner Howard Zucker said he was “extremely disturbed” by the gathering, with images from the concert showing fans shoulder-to-shoulder in front of the Water Mill stage.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:59 PM

9,694 posts, read 12,309,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
how is this criminal?

Because they broke the law it becomes a criminal matter.

Local officials in the Hamptons could face “civil fines and potential criminal liability” over a packed weekend concert featuring The Chainsmokers that flaunted social distancing restrictions, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.

Cuomo said Southampton’s Saturday night “drive-in” charity gig — that drew in excess of 2,000 concertgoers — was “grossly disrespectful to fellow New Yorkers” and is now the subject of a state health department probe.
“The concert that happened in the town of Southampton was just a gross violation of not only the public health rules, it was a gross violation of common sense,” the governor said during a briefing.

“There have also been reports that we have been receiving about behavior in the village of Southampton that has been ongoing and recurring that also violates the public health regulations,” he said. “So, that (investigation) is ongoing and that is being handled by the Department of Health, violations public health law has civil fines and a potential for criminal liability, so we’re taking that very seriously.”

Cuomo announced the state investigation Monday, slamming the show for “egregious social distancing violations.”
In a letter to town officials Monday, state Health Commissioner Howard Zucker said he was “extremely disturbed” by the gathering, with images from the concert showing fans shoulder-to-shoulder in front of the Water Mill stage.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:08 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,282,527 times
Good thing Cuomo missed the BLM protest at Trump Tower two days ago. The sight of Jussie Smollet joining in really set the tone and reinforced the view most have of BLM: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...ump-Tower.html

Old 07-28-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

but its cuomo and dr zucker who caused all the nursing home deaths. his own signature is in that executive order

their actions actually killed people. they failed to protect the old, sick, and the crippled.

where is cuomos impeachment hearings over this? what they did was criminal, and all it takes it 1 judge to agree and its over.

at what time will people say enough is enough? what happened to americans checks and balances?

where is that investigation?

Last edited by broke&30; 07-28-2020 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-28-2020, 09:57 PM

14,281 posts, read 11,615,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
how is this criminal?

Such nonsense. I was there. Yeah it was 2000 people, but it was on something like 100 acres. Every group of 6 people were given a 20x15 rectangle marked on the ground, with 6 feet in between each rectangle. There were 29 rows of these rectangles. My family and I were in row 11, and we had plenty of space. Nobody came within 10 feet of us during the whole concert.

The problem came when maybe 100-200 people decided to leave their assigned areas to go closer to the stage. The problem was, that there was SO much room, that people said "Why not?" and made their way up to the stage. We didn't even know this was happening while we were there. We only found out about it yesterday, when we read about it.

It was actually a good idea, and we had a lot of fun, and they raised a lot of money to feed starving children. I was hoping there would be more of this kind of thing, but now, I doubt it. The bottom line is that some people are idiots, and security should have done a better job. But it was not 2000 people all packed together. It was more like maybe 200 people, tops, all up by the front, near the stage. The other 1800 were safely spread apart.

And yes, not a word from him about the protests, but people raising money for hungry children? Horrible people that need to be investigated.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:32 AM

9,694 posts, read 12,309,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Such nonsense. I was there. Yeah it was 2000 people, but it was on something like 100 acres. Every group of 6 people were given a 20x15 rectangle marked on the ground, with 6 feet in between each rectangle. There were 29 rows of these rectangles. My family and I were in row 11, and we had plenty of space. Nobody came within 10 feet of us during the whole concert.

The problem came when maybe 100-200 people decided to leave their assigned areas to go closer to the stage. The problem was, that there was SO much room, that people said "Why not?" and made their way up to the stage. We didn't even know this was happening while we were there. We only found out about it yesterday, when we read about it.

It was actually a good idea, and we had a lot of fun, and they raised a lot of money to feed starving children. I was hoping there would be more of this kind of thing, but now, I doubt it. The bottom line is that some people are idiots, and security should have done a better job. But it was not 2000 people all packed together. It was more like maybe 200 people, tops, all up by the front, near the stage. The other 1800 were safely spread apart.

And yes, not a word from him about the protests, but people raising money for hungry children? Horrible people that need to be investigated.
I am sorry, but I don't think it was nonsense. You are ignoring the facts and trying to back into a justification. First it was marketed as a drive in. Why not be honest and say what it was? Simple, because under they knew it would never fly as it actually turned out to be, so they lied. Pure, plain and simple. Regardless of the intentions to raise money for starving kids, it was against the current rules.

Not that further justification is necessary, because the above says it all, but the reason things like this are banned is because people decide that the rules don't apply to them and then they cluster closer than they should be. Security can't control what 2000 people may do, at least not the kind of security they are reported to have had.

Quite frankly, I am not only appalled, but also concerned that as a medical professional you would agree to be part of this and subject your family to this.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:39 AM

14,281 posts, read 11,615,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I am sorry, but I don't think it was nonsense. You are ignoring the facts and trying to back into a justification. First it was marketed as a drive in. Why not be honest and say what it was? Simple, because under they knew it would never fly as it actually turned out to be, so they lied. Pure, plain and simple. Regardless of the intentions to raise money for starving kids, it was against the current rules.

Not that further justification is necessary, because the above says it all, but the reason things like this are banned is because people decide that the rules don't apply to them and then they cluster closer than they should be. Security can't control what 2000 people may do, at least not the kind of security they are reported to have had.

Quite frankly, I am not only appalled, but also concerned that as a medical professional you would agree to be part of this and subject your family to this.
And how do you feel about the protests? My problem with Cuomo is his hypocrisy. If he applied the same level of scorn for the protests, I would have no problem with him.

I ran a full covid ICU for 3 months and managed not to contract the virus, so I think I may know a little more about keeping me and my family safe than you do. I have seen this virus kill hundreds of people, even with our best efforts to save them. if it seemed like it was becoming the least bit unsafe, we would have left. But again, nobody was within 10 feet of us the entire concert. There is no possible way that we could have contracted the virus there, so you can place your phony concern somewhere else. I gave money to a great cause, and we had a great time as a family. I would do it all over again.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:02 AM

3,017 posts, read 3,496,236 times
Quote:
I ran a full covid ICU for 3 months
Doesn't matter, she has a degree from FACEBOOK. Sit on it, potsy.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 AM

18 posts, read 6,270 times
Quote:
And how do you feel about the protests? My problem with Cuomo is his hypocrisy. If he applied the same level of scorn for the protests, I would have no problem with him.

I ran a full covid ICU for 3 months and managed not to contract the virus, so I think I may know a little more about keeping me and my family safe than you do. I have seen this virus kill hundreds of people, even with our best efforts to save them. if it seemed like it was becoming the least bit unsafe, we would have left. But again, nobody was within 10 feet of us the entire concert. There is no possible way that we could have contracted the virus there, so you can place your phony concern somewhere else. I gave money to a great cause, and we had a great time as a family. I would do it all over again.
Nice analogy...protestors enraged about a killing vs entiled Hamptons party goers and "fund raisers." Next time, let the bank CEO's just write a check instead of playing DJ and rock stars. "Covid shmovid, I had a great time." Nice Hippocratic oath there, doc. Do you not see the irony (err, hypocrisy) in your defending the 1800 "good" party people vs the 200 bad apples while calling out the protestors who are doing the same exact thing...calling out the "bad" apple police who make the other millions of good cops look bad? A nation divided intentionally. Even the rich and STEM centric can't figure it out.

Last edited by chuck biscuits; 07-29-2020 at 09:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or