U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 1,225 times

Advertisements

If there are any guitar players here, is there anyone you would trust with the care of your axes? I don't see any glowing recommendations anywhere in Nassau. Maybe there's a reason for that....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 09:31 PM

2,848 posts, read 1,820,033 times
I wish I knew one. I’m ready to buy my own tools to do my own setups.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:35 AM

60 posts, read 37,596 times
I used guitar center (carl place) a few years ago for new humbuckers on my les paul. I was very impressed. Price was reasonable/great work.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick9 View Post
I used guitar center (carl place) a few years ago for new humbuckers on my les paul. I was very impressed. Price was reasonable/great work.
They should be good for that but I wouldnt let them near my guitar if the neck, nut, or anything needed to be adjusted.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:18 PM

1,949 posts, read 1,178,110 times
You could always take a flight to Nashville for the weekend. Just about every incoming airplane has someone carrying a guitar case.

And Middle TN is full of great stringed instrument craftsmen.

Old 08-02-2020, 12:26 PM

238 posts, read 619,430 times
I believe the American Guitar Museum in New Hyde Park offers repair services.

1810 New Hyde Park Road, New Hyde Park, New York 11040

Old 08-02-2020, 02:32 PM

98,401 posts, read 97,564,045 times
I have a fabulous drum tech ....I know he works with a guitar tech ... I wlll ask him who it is

Old 08-03-2020, 11:55 PM

629 posts, read 504,796 times
I used to use Paul at Guitar ER. He was OK. In suffok i tried many Guitar repair long island run by Erick Solomon, JMB in kings park, Ed Clark in Ronkonkoma.

Didn't care for Erick at all. Very snobby with a poor attitude. Gave me back a guitar with a buzz I didn't have when i bought it to him. He fixed it but wasted about a week of my time going back and forth. JMB is run by Joe in a basement of a house. Ed Clark has the most experience. I think at times though he can be very busy and has several week wait time. Which is just crazy for a setup.

NY PRO in Bohemia is run by two pot heads that I believe live at the business. HORRIBLE stay far away. My guitar was worst when it left then when i bought it. They were also almost 100 bucks for a set up which is insane. They are just slick old timers that thrive on BS'ing customers.

Well there is just a few .

Old 08-06-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
I used to use Paul at Guitar ER. He was OK. In suffok i tried many Guitar repair long island run by Erick Solomon, JMB in kings park, Ed Clark in Ronkonkoma.

Didn't care for Erick at all. Very snobby with a poor attitude. Gave me back a guitar with a buzz I didn't have when i bought it to him. He fixed it but wasted about a week of my time going back and forth. JMB is run by Joe in a basement of a house. Ed Clark has the most experience. I think at times though he can be very busy and has several week wait time. Which is just crazy for a setup.

NY PRO in Bohemia is run by two pot heads that I believe live at the business. HORRIBLE stay far away. My guitar was worst when it left then when i bought it. They were also almost 100 bucks for a set up which is insane. They are just slick old timers that thrive on BS'ing customers.

Well there is just a few .
Thanks for that valuable info. I wont use any of them and I was seriously considering two of them.

Old 08-11-2020, 03:48 PM

629 posts, read 504,796 times
Yeah no prob
I tried Erick and Joe with several guitars to be fair and just was not impressed at all with any of the work. A couple people I play run into the guitar circles felt the same way. Prices too 35 bucks a string change is just too high for a simple procedure.

New York pro is just a disaster of a shop. Just run .

When you do find a great tech keep him and hey let us know if your happy

Cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island