Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 11:32 AM

874 posts, read 723,762 times

Advertisements

how much are school taxes in massapequa? if they are going to keep shutting down the schools for every positive test, why not just tear the schools down, make every kid go remote learning and let the parents deal with the rest, while you save thousands in taxes?

do you really need 2 high school districts in bellmore? and all those elemetary schools? and all those principles, and superintendents? double dipping superintendents?

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...d19-1.49388394

A middle school in Massapequa closed Wednesday after a student tested positive for COVID-19, the latest in a string of temporary measures by districts on Long Island in the first days after schools reopened.

The Massapequa student is under quarantine, health authorities are conducting contact tracing, and the district is cleaning spaces where the student may have been, said Massapequa School District Superintendent Lucille F. Iconis in a message posted on the Berner Middle School website. The rest of the school’s sixth, seventh and eighth graders were to take classes remotely Wednesday.

On Tuesday, five schools in two districts — Port Washington and Oyster Bay-East Norwich — were closed after students were confirmed to have COVID-19. Other schools had closed on Monday when student and staff cases were reported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 11:47 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,384,832 times
I actually agree with broke for once. Its time to move on people. This seriously is a joke. Death rates are currently lower than the typical flu the last few months. So i guess every flu season, we hide indoors? WTF has this world come to? A bunch of entitled scared babies.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:54 AM

411 posts, read 284,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I actually agree with broke for once. Its time to move on people. This seriously is a joke. Death rates are currently lower than the typical flu the last few months. So i guess every flu season, we hide indoors? WTF has this world come to? A bunch of entitled scared babies.
The entitled scared babies are the ones who can't even wear a mask when in public because it's uncomfortable or inconvenient.

You may want it to be over and be over it, but it'll be over when it's actually over. Imagine you lived in Europe during WW2...and after 6 months..."oh my gosh, I'm like so over this".

I don't know of anyone literally hiding indoors. I do know of smart people who are being careful in a rational way and not panicking. I think some folks assume someone they see who is wearing a mask is a panicking snowflake. Usually they're just calm, rational people who are being careful via a super easy and minimally annoying practice.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:

people have got accustom to their new normal, that a person doesnt even have to be sick, a person can be perfectly healthy and they could be on a 10 year streak of not being sick, but still the test said your covid19 positive.

now off this one test, they could shut down, schools, jobs, businesses, and travel.

remember this is before one person has even sneezed.

oh, and god forbid you speak out against this new normal. because others will poor immune systems who eat mcdonalds everyday get, the rest of america needs to suffer.

remember most of America, is OBESE , Obesity in America is very high. just because 26 people of 8 million get sick, doesnt mean the world needs to wear masks.

I dont hear enough anger so I think everyone likes their new normal....

Old 09-16-2020, 01:39 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,384,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
The entitled scared babies are the ones who can't even wear a mask when in public because it's uncomfortable or inconvenient.

You may want it to be over and be over it, but it'll be over when it's actually over. Imagine you lived in Europe during WW2...and after 6 months..."oh my gosh, I'm like so over this".

I don't know of anyone literally hiding indoors. I do know of smart people who are being careful in a rational way and not panicking. I think some folks assume someone they see who is wearing a mask is a panicking snowflake. Usually they're just calm, rational people who are being careful via a super easy and minimally annoying practice.
Your comparing this "pandemic" to ww2? LMFAO. Your comparison makes ZERO sense.

Old 09-16-2020, 01:54 PM

1,395 posts, read 718,340 times
14 deaths in all of New York State yesterday including New York City. Just saying.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:12 PM

411 posts, read 284,950 times
Quote:
Your comparing this "pandemic" to ww2? LMFAO. Your comparison makes ZERO sense.
Oofa. Totally missed the point.

No, I'm referring to these softies that can't handle wearing masks for a few months..."enough is enough", "I'm over it, etc". Imagine if they experienced a real life changing situation that lasted YEARS, ww2 for example. (And this is life changing for folks who lost loved ones, livelihoods, etc...my point is folks who are unaffected other than having to wear a mask are literally complaining about nothing.). I'm NOT comparing it to ww2. The softies who can't wear a face mask are the ones acting like it is some life altering burden and I imagine how they would behave if real sacrifices had to be made for the greater good of their fellow humans beyond wearing a cloth face mask.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
14 deaths in all of New York State yesterday including New York City. Just saying.

the country of America is a disgrace with everyone wearing masks, shutting down schools for a virus thats mutated so much its just a mild cold now.

where are all the scientist and experts now that nobody is dying?

healthy people can kill grandma and grandpa and this can live on surfaces for days and day....

and people ate this up.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:20 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,121,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
the country of America is a disgrace with everyone wearing masks, shutting down schools for a virus thats mutated so much its just a mild cold now.

where are all the scientist and experts now that nobody is dying?

healthy people can kill grandma and grandpa and this can live on surfaces for days and day....

and people ate this up.
Wearing a mask is fine, and helps keep people from spreading it. Works also for colds and the flu.

And please provide a link to proof that it’s mutated to the point it is a mild cold.

And outside NY people still are dying.

But I do think NY is being too conservative now.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:01 PM

18 posts, read 15,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
how much are school taxes in massapequa? if they are going to keep shutting down the schools for every positive test, why not just tear the schools down, make every kid go remote learning and let the parents deal with the rest, while you save thousands in taxes?
Dude. Seek Help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island