Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 AM

100 posts, read 374,543 times

Advertisements

Merrick Woods and Big Chief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,508,205 times
Merrick Woods, that's right!

AWESOME school, facility, certified teachers, grounds and staff!

Big Chief, yuck (sorry MommaBear LOL)

Run-down, and I lived next door to one of the teachers (DM me if anyone wants her name) who had police at her door at least once/week, has MAJOR mental issues. It became a joke with the police when they took the calls. We actually moved from our home b/c of her. Seriously, she alone was the reason...psycho. I don't know HOW she kept her job. But I'm going off topic here.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 AM

C'mon iluvmycuties, STAY ON TOPIC would you!

I have no personal experience with Big Chief, just throwing it out there. Actually, I was only able to send my oldest son to Merrick Woods for awhile. It's expensive and I couldn't afford it anymore. So sad.

I have a sister-in-law who teachers at Merrick Woods.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM

Look Mamabear, stop attacking me or the thread will be shut down!

I know, we scraped up what we could to send our first to camp. Now that we have 3, we cannot do it. He loved it too.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM

84 posts, read 492,637 times
Look into Hewlett/Woodmere School District. They have a Pre-K district program - not sure if it's full-day though.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 AM

ilmc,

I'm not attacking you, get over it. You hate Big Chief and I know nothing about Big Chief. There's nothing else to say here, except STAY ON TOPIC!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:12 AM

Look, Mother...

So stop referring people to places you don't even know about!

And stay on topic, will you?!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 AM

27 posts, read 150,393 times
Thanks NYTiz - I just checked it out - and it looks like a fantastic possibility for Hewlett - Woodmere.

Just wondering what the noise / planes from JFK would be like?

I'll check out what homes are going for around there.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:49 PM

ilmc,

Do you have dinner ideas?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM

27 posts, read 150,393 times
Default Please don't shut this thread down because....

We're fortunate to have one of the livelier forums on City-Data and it usually runs itself quite smoothly without much intervention from me or the Administrators. However, we've been running into a few small issues lately and I want to take a moment to be sure we're all on the same page.

If you haven't done so already, please be sure to read the City-Data Terms of Service if you read nothing else.

Some of the issues we've been encountering lately are:

Personal Attacks: Be sure you are debating the idea and not attacking the person please .

Staying on Topic: A little off-topic here and there is fine, but let's not abandon the Original Post entirely

Advertising: We have specific rules for realtors that you can find in the TOS. Also, please do not place advertisements for home improvement services as this is not allowed on this site.

Complaining : This is an open forum and people are basically permitted to post here whether or not they still live on Long Island.
As long as the post is not totally off-topic, the poster does have the right to voice his opinion , even if you may not agree with it.

Racially insensitive remarks: It is sad that this has to even be mentioned, but please refrain from making remarks that are hurtful , unkind or racially insensitive.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to get back to you.

Thank you all for your assistance in this. With all of your help, we can have a wonderful forum.

nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island