Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 AM

149 posts, read 345,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
Thanks! People always have something to say about a place that they "heard" about but have never actually lived. I have been here for awhile now and am finding that it isn't much different from other places I have lived.

People showed some pictures of mastic with a street sign for a basketball backboard... I still haven't seen it on the road around here. Someone posted pictures of a road badly in need of repaving...but honestly I have seen the same poor road qualities in Huntington bay and Lloyd harbor. Yeah there's no Starbucks... It kind of reminds me of upstate NY a little. Rustic if you will. There are parts of the Hamptons that are no different, But it's all about the zip code.
Agreed !!! I laugh when people bash our area. I have been here for 7 years..possibly moving only b/c we outgrew our house and my parents are in need of help on the N Shore. I have great neigbors that I will keep in touch with...kids come to my door to shovel out my driveway in the winter...neighbors wave as you drive by and the block parties are great !!! Does it have a bad rep ? absolutely...but look at the drug problems in some "nicer" areas !!! Someone here said it perfectly !!! people should look at the color of the neighbors lawns instead of their skin color....diversity is important in these times........we are all human beings !!! so everyone here that is bashing mastic, MB & shirley....come and visit..I am sure you have never been here !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksny View Post
Out of all the areas you list, I would suggest Bellport (south) or Patchogue (south), not North.

By "suggest Bellport (south) or Patchogue (south), not North", do you mean the Village of Bellport and the Village of Patchogue, not the (much larger) Hamlet of North Bellport or the Hamlet of North Patchogue; or, do you mean the southern part of the Village of Bellport and the southern part of the Village of Patchogue, not the northern part of the Village of Bellport and the northern part of the Village of Patchogue?

And, what about the very large Hamlet of East Patchogue, that lies directly between the Village of Patchogue and the Hamlet of North Patchogue, on the west, and the Village of Bellport and the Hamlet of North Bellport, on the east.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 AM

110 posts, read 456,408 times
You would be better off in Manor Park or Center Moriches to be honest. Drive around in all the towns you listed, go in the neighborhood stores and see what you think. Important, look at the schools.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You would be better off in Manor Park or Center Moriches to be honest. Drive around in all the towns you listed, go in the neighborhood stores and see what you think. Important, look at the schools.

Manor Park is mastic..............WF schools

Center Moriches - not that much better. I always go on greatschools.net

East Moriches is NICE

Old 05-14-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
Manor Park is mastic..............WF schools

Center Moriches - not that much better. I always go on greatschools.net

East Moriches is NICE
Manor Park is part of Mastic true but kids go to Eastport/South Manor schools. I know people who live there. Very good schools.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Manor Park is part of Mastic true but kids go to Eastport/South Manor schools. I know people who live there. Very good schools.
your right I forgot and I have friends there too - I need more coffee

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
your right I forgot and I have friends there too - I need more coffee

Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM

15 posts, read 56,466 times
North Bellport and Mastic beach are in the paper alot for criminal activity/drugs - North Bellport has turned into the hood, and Mastic has a white trash element and alot of drugs/crime too. Patchogue seems like the best of the three.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM

265 posts, read 945,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
By "suggest Bellport (south) or Patchogue (south), not North", do you mean the Village of Bellport and the Village of Patchogue, not the (much larger) Hamlet of North Bellport or the Hamlet of North Patchogue; or, do you mean the southern part of the Village of Bellport and the southern part of the Village of Patchogue, not the northern part of the Village of Bellport and the northern part of the Village of Patchogue?

And, what about the very large Hamlet of East Patchogue, that lies directly between the Village of Patchogue and the Hamlet of North Patchogue, on the west, and the Village of Bellport and the Hamlet of North Bellport, on the east.
Jesus. He/She means the southern parts of Bellport ad Patchogue, don't turn it into rocket science.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 PM

48 posts, read 76,961 times
I would not move to any of the three. Bellport Village is an incestuous little town, meaning most people have lived here literally for generations (3 minimum) and do not welcome outsiders. The majority of single men are gay. (so a haven for gay population it is). If married, it's a sweet place to live but the school is awful with higher than average violence. If you're looking for ethnic diversity, Bellport has it - North Bellport is lower middle class (racially mixed), Bellport is lower class/poverty (mostly black with growing hispanic population), and Bellport Village is- starting from north to south - middle and upper-middle class with very wealthy living south of South Country. This is the worst place a single woman could live. I'm leaving as soon as the market comes back up (please hurry).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island