Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I don't remember Mei Ting but does anyone remember Homer's in Woodbury? My Dad would drive us all the way there almost every Friday night (from Suffolk) to get takeout. It was in the Woodbury Commons. It was so good.

I remember Mei Ting. It was on the corner of New Yok Ave. and Jericho Tpk. It was the best Chinesse Restaurant. My family used go there all the time. Wish it was still there. I do know where Alberts is in Huntingon Village. Heard it was good too. Mei Ting just brings back really good memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,620 times
Mei Ting was great, but we went more frequently to the South Seas (across from Whitman). Haven't been back to LI for ages...

Remember Linc's & Glynn's? Good times... :-)

Old 09-02-2015, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
I remember Mei Ting and going there with my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We went practically every weekend as a family. There's few real Cantonese Chinese places still around, but there's one place now in Wantagh on Jerusalem Ave called Kwong Ming that comes pretty close to how I remember Mei Ting food tasted. What great memories I had at Mei Ting - getting Shirley Temples with dinner and how friendly the owner was to me and our family.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:52 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njc1970 View Post
I remember Mei Ting and going there with my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We went practically every weekend as a family. There's few real Cantonese Chinese places still around, but there's one place now in Wantagh on Jerusalem Ave called Kwong Ming that comes pretty close to how I remember Mei Ting food tasted. What great memories I had at Mei Ting - getting Shirley Temples with dinner and how friendly the owner was to me and our family.
Kwong Ming is not just in Wantagh now, it's been there over fifty years and had a branch somewhere else - maybe Mei Ting?

Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,544 times
Mei Ting's was a weekly destination for our family, and I've never found anything that compares either. I remember huge, jumbo shrimp in a tempura batter, incredible ribs followed by steaming hot towels, and the most wonderful lobster, shrimp and chicken dishes, many with almonds. It was always crowded and deservedly so.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitstirrer View Post
Great Peking Duck,Hot & Sour Soup and Chicken Soong.Though I most remember it for their adult only Fortune Cookies they kept behind the bar.
Yes! The x-rated fortune cookies. Too funny.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:50 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,105,705 times
We use to go to Mei's and also the Royal Viking !!!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:58 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,299 times
"Palace of Wong" in RVC closes this month and is last real original Chinese Restaurant on LI

Old 12-25-2015, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Chinese food on Christmas day is a tradition for many of a certain culture. In speaking with my brother we had very fond memories of "Christmas Dinner" there as well as many dinners there on Sunday night. Both of us left Plainview in the 70's but we have some great memories. My brother reminded me that you could enter through the kitchen which my mother really liked because you could see it was clean. I recall a windmill but don't recall at Mei Ting...thought the windmill was Milleridge Inn. I'm probably wrong, but that is what came to mind when I read the posts.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:07 AM

104 posts, read 172,092 times
I think the windmill place was at one point called "Mongolian Wok" and was situated just east of Huntington Townhouse parking lot. You could custom order and watch chefs prepare your food behind glass enclosed kitchen or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island