U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:22 PM

2,940 posts, read 6,975,142 times

Advertisements

It aint pretty. I do think this part of Westbury is definately one to be avoided.

Moderator cut: racist

Last edited by Keeper; 06-25-2008 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 PM

1,086 posts, read 1,631,037 times
You realize the fact that you can walk up and down this place randomly video taping without being harmed kind of dispels you theory of it being a dangerous ghetto.

You try walking around taping random people as many times as you have with running into trouble in a real "ghetto" sometime. You will see the difference.

P.S.
I have two dishes on my house becuse I went from Dish Network to Direct TV at one point. I guess I own a flop house too?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 PM

257 posts, read 772,246 times
Do you have any idea what a bad area really is? That didn't look bad at all.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:34 AM

Moderator cut: quote

I do live "here". Rather New Cassel to be more precise (I still think of it as all Westbury from the Hedges to the Hills to ABC blocks). And if it was 1/2 as bad as you make it out to be I would have moved a long time ago.

Values on the whole Island and 99.99% of the country are going down. And I own my home so I care and have more invested in this place then even you do.

I have been here for 27 years. So I have seen all the ups and downs.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-25-2008 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: removed deleted quote

Old 06-24-2008, 08:12 AM

I also love how you think you are helping community by degrading it.

Whenever someone comes to this site you bash the place to hell. No "nice" people would ever move into the neighborhood if it was up to you. You never point out any of the good, or the improving. Then turn around and bash the people that do live here.

I'm guessing a person that would come to this site are the "desirable" that you would want to move in and help the communities image.

To you every one with brown skin is illegal. I am of Jamaican, Bajan, German, and Irish lineage, but get mistaken as Hispanic all the time (Dominican mostly). But if you were to pass me walking on one of your taping outing I would just be another "illegal" here to destroy your world.

You need to get over yourself and either think of way to help or stop complaining.

All you do on this site is complaining. From cablevision, to Westbury to the busses, to how others take care of their yard (and yes I do my own yard work).

Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 AM

3,114 posts, read 8,495,148 times
The most interesting part was the out of state plates.......

Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
The most interesting part was the out of state plates.......

Not that it is right, but most out of state plate in NY are because the ungodly car insurance rates here.

Not that I am condoning it. But that is what I have found to be true.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:37 AM

222 posts, read 787,854 times
Values on the whole Island and 99.99% of the country are going down. And I own my home so I care and have more invested in this place then even you do.

I'd like to second this point. Johninwestbury, I don't know if you own (doesn't sound like it), but I do and I paid close to $600K (and almost $12K in 2007 taxes) for my home of which numerous improvements have been made since.

You, as a RENTER, have way less invested in my village. I would contend that you are contributing to the problem because quite frankly you really can't afford to even live (buy) here, yet you're quick to tear it down.

The fact that you consistently post these rantings seem to suggest alot free time on your hands....

Like I've said in the past, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. The fact that you consistently post these rantings seem to suggest alot free time on your hands....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Wrong. Notice how the Out of State plates are from mostly North Carolina, where you dont need a SS# to get a driver license!
Just saying "wrong" with no proof does not make you right. I can only tell you what I have seen, and people I know. And insurance is the primary reason. But you are right that NC has very lacks standards which is why people do go there for the cheap insurance.

Quote:
So you see nothing wrong with people who aren't supposed to be here in the 1st place taking over a community and not even bothering to learn english? And in another sign of the times, the Waldbaums on Old Country rd (a run down place already) has now turned into an Associated. I wonder why that happened? Perhaps because Waldbaums saw the changing community and decided to get out. And Associated, a chain known for gearing to communities full of illegals, moved in.
I'm happy that it doesn't bother you. But it bothers me. I don't want to live in a place that is like Mexico, El Salvador, or any other country. I want to live in a community where the people speak english and have manners. It has nothing to do with their appearance and everything to do with their attitude.

Once again you are letting your anger mix up two issues.

1) Illegal Immigrants

2) Ethnic communities

On illegal immigrants I think there is an issue and do not have the right to be here. And if there is proof that someone is illegal here they should be deported. But randomly pointing you camera at brown people that have book bags is not proof. All my buddies that work on Wall Street carry book bags and many of them are brown. I guess the kakis and collared shirts make them ok?

The Waldbaums use to be A&P I did not get upset about that I am not going to get upset about this name change either.(Well I do still call it A&P) I go to Stop n Shop anyway. . So the Million deli's and pizza places are now bodaga's and Spanish food joints. We get it. You don't like spanish food, move on.......

I was not upset when I was out numbered by Italians in Westbury, why would I now be upset to be out number by a new group. Some of my Italian friends grandparents can barely speak English after being here for decades, so you can say there is problem if the 2nd and 3rd generation (who will be American citizens) do not bother to learn.

As long a crime is down, my neighbors are nice and respectful (yours may not be but mine are) and my family is safe I could care less if the demographics of my area change. People on my street take care of their homes. Kids play outside.

All this does not mean there is no room for improvement but you are a bitter person just filtering the world through your eyes. Both the town and New Cassel have been making Strides to improve and people like you are no help and in fact hurt the community.

Last edited by LIOC; 06-24-2008 at 01:25 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 01:20 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,100,329 times
Let's be honest here: those "brown" people that you refer to are "typically" riding bicycles (and parking them in the backs of diners where they work!), taking the bus, working at car washes, bussing tables at diners, part of a landscaping crew, laboring for contractors, loitering outside of home depot or in masses on street corners, etc, b/c they are illegal, getting paid off the books, and do not have licenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island